Community VIS motor tester by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

takestock
Colin_NI wrote:I also have one in Northern Ireland, if anyone requires testing contact me however the tester won't be loaned out anymore after it came back in three pieces last time.

Whhaaaattt :mad1: :mad1:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Apr 2014, 11:19 #21 

raistlin
takestock wrote:
Colin_NI wrote:I also have one in Northern Ireland, if anyone requires testing contact me however the tester won't be loaned out anymore after it came back in three pieces last time.

Whhaaaattt :mad1: :mad1:

If you recall Dave, our VIS (Variable Intake System) motor tester has been returned damaged in the past as well :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Apr 2014, 12:03 #22 

Bermudan 75
That is rather disappointing, some people just take, take,take and return damaged.

Mike

Posted 14 Apr 2014, 16:52 #23 

takestock
Some person on a forum not a million miles from here never returned that one, I had to build another :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Apr 2014, 17:29 #24 

Gate Keeper
takestock wrote:Some person on a forum not a million miles from here never returned that one, I had to build another :(

It is like a part of their memory becomes dysfunctional and they have a blank in their head which perks up and refuses to return the said item. People who take the tester with the best of intentions of returning it, but then choose to keep it, is really quite maddening!

Years ago I lent a handbook on emergency aviation medicine to a Doctor valued at £50 and not that easy to get hold of. I met the guy and he seemed genuine. That was the last I saw of it. A lesson learned :)

I know it is not ideal, but a deposit could be held on account at PayPal to the full value of the tester. All returned when the VIS tester comes back and is undamaged. Just an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best

Phil

Posted 27 Apr 2014, 18:27 #25 

raistlin
Gate Keeper wrote:a Doctor valued at £50 and not that easy to get hold of.

In the first instance overvalued I'd say, and in the second, unsurprising :lol:

Sorry Phil, not intending to criticize grammar as mine is far from perfect, but it made me chuckle :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Apr 2014, 18:37 #26 

Borg Warner
Please tell me it was fine when I returned it? I'd be absolutely mortified if it wasn't.

Gary M.

Posted 29 Apr 2014, 16:14 #27