Community emblem?? by James.uk (Page 1 of 2)

James.uk
I have noticed, when attending meetings, that we don't look like a car club? To the public, we just look like a row of parked cars.. :cry:

Part of the problem is the fact that there are so many models-versions of our cars, they don't look alike.. Sooo --

How about some sort of club emblem? e.g. a cloth frag with a massive Vikings head? in one corner and an MG hexagon in tother? Anyway, you get the gist of my meaning.. So any ideas? :confused:

Oh and I think the 75-ZT badge is downright ugly.. :em: :(

:stirer: :cheers:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 16:59 #1 

Zeb
Howsabout using Jake's pie photo that Mick liked so much... :lol: :D
pie.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 17:04 #2 

James.uk
Noooo.. Can't use that Zeb, it's damaged innit. Gorra big hole innit. :confused: :(

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 17:21 #3 

starbug2
a mg / rover pie mmmm better not tell colin :lol:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 17:34 #4 

SpongeBob
Part of the fact we are a bunch of parked cars might make it more appealing for passers-by to feel welcome and invited ;) If we go fencing things off it might end up looking a bit exclusive and restricted.

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 17:35 #5 

James.uk
:iagree: .. We don't want any fences. Just a nice emblem to stick in our cars.. :)

But at the same time, we don't want any inferior cars trying to join do we? OMGawd just imagine someone parking a KA amongst us! :shock: :o :mad1:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 17:57 #6 

Zeb
SpongeBob wrote:Part of the fact we are a bunch of parked cars might make it more appealing for passers-by to feel welcome and invited ;) If we go fencing things off it might end up looking a bit exclusive and restricted.

Wossamatter with bein' 'exclusive and restrictive'? If we aren't a gonna be exclusive 'n' restrictive we could just as well meet at a Tescos car park and be with lots n lots of other cars.....It'd make the meets a bit bigger I s'pose....

Don't want any fencing though....it'll remind me of the YOIs... :?

Mebbe Jake could get a photo of an unprodded pie? :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 18:16 #7 

starbug2
we could have a flag with a 75 and zt on it :stirer:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 18:31 #8 

RRobson
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 19:49 #9 

starbug2
RRobson wrote:Image

:iagree: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 20:39 #10 

Zeb
Sorted...... :D

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 20:40 #11 

DeuxGazoles
Is this thread about pies????
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 20:51 #12 

Rammie
I knew you would be along when that was posted. :lol:

I bet you can smell them when they are sent :stirer:
Brian

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:08 #13 

SpongeBob
One of the things we would like to introduce is a nice quality window sticker. As we've said though we don't want to make promises just to have to break them so we're not saying when or even that they'll be produced but by the same token we would also like to say 'never say never'. :)

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:19 #14 

Zeb
SpongeBob wrote:One of the things we would like to introduce is a nice quality window sticker. As we've said though we don't want to make promises just to have to break them so we're not saying when or even that they'll be produced but by the same token we would also like to say 'never say never'. :)

Just so long as you do not use that horrible phrase;

'All in good time'

:-|

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:21 #15 

Cowley_MOA
Zeb wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:One of the things we would like to introduce is a nice quality window sticker. As we've said though we don't want to make promises just to have to break them so we're not saying when or even that they'll be produced but by the same token we would also like to say 'never say never'. :)

Just so long as you do not use that horrible phrase;

'All in good time'

:-|

Or that other one...

Our deadline is XXXXX
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:24 #16 

RRobson
how about this 8-)

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:24 #17 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:Part of the fact we are a bunch of parked cars might make it more appealing for passers-by to feel welcome and invited ;) If we go fencing things off it might end up looking a bit exclusive and restricted.

Wossamatter with bein' 'exclusive and restrictive'? If we aren't a gonna be exclusive 'n' restrictive we could just as well meet at a Tescos car park and be with lots n lots of other cars.....It'd make the meets a bit bigger I s'pose....

Don't want any fencing though....it'll remind me of the YOIs... :?

Mebbe Jake could get a photo of an unprodded pie? :thumbsup:

Sorry, officially left the smoke tonight so no more pieminister for a while :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

However, will find a nice bit of rarebit tomorrow........

J

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 21:48 #18 

James.uk
I am getting the distinct impression you lot ain't taking this matter seriously!! :roll: tsk tsk..

Reeces idea is OK but why the flag? Tother clubs badge has a Union Jack on it and thats orrible innit.. :confused:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of pie filling do you have in mind Reece? It must be in keeping with the cars i.e. a poshe one innit, A rhubarb pie would be too long to be practical though.. And no McDonald's muck.. :shock: Other than that question I see nowt wrong with it.. :thumbsup: :) Though on reflection a round emblem would fit a round pie better than a square one.. :) :cheers:

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 22:08 #19 

RRobson
hmmm, not thought about filling :shock:
well, its going to be short crust (obviously) but a posh pie, is there such thing?steak pie is obviously too common, but would stake and kidney be too long? steak and ale?
what about one of these:
Somerset Cider Pie - West country Pork, Smokey bacon, shallots, apple, somerset Cider and sage
sounds pretty tastey to me 8-)

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 22:36 #20