Community emblem?? by James.uk (Page 2 of 2)

James.uk
Thanks for all the choices Reece, but being colour blind and a lousy cook, I can't really claim to be an expert on the contents of pies.. Maybe Colin would be kind enuff to advise us on this matter?

One should take the size of the pie into considertion as we need the emblem-badge-whatever to be reasonably priced and able to fit on our cars without being too obtrusive.. :)

Posted 30 Sep 2010, 23:11 #21 

Bermudan 75
If we adopt a pie as our symbol and we are a Rover club.........I shudder to think what the pie filling would be............(woof) :stirer:

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 17:03 #22 

RRobson
James.uk wrote:One should take the size of the pie into considertion as we need the emblem-badge-whatever to be reasonably priced and able to fit on our cars without being too obtrusive.. :)

doesnt matter how a pie looks, how it tastes is important :D
instead of emblem-badge-whatever (very well put ;) ), why doesnt everyone just stick a real pie on the dash? although it isnt reusable between meets (due to the fact it will have been eaten) you could have a themed day, where the flavour is chosen before the day, then every veriaty of pie could be sampled :confused:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 21:23 #23 

James.uk
Ellow Reece. Sit down me boy-- *shows Reece to a comfy chair* and continues .. I want an Emblem-badge-whatever, I'm not inviting ya out to lunch here. :roll: . If you are hungry, call Colin, I don't "do" pies ya wally.. :whump: .. Soo ----

Having gotten sidetracked by the pie issue, can we get back to the original problem, whatever that was, and come up with a better badge than that orrible thing they use next door.. :confused:

How about large £ sign above crossed spanners? heh heh, though the 1.8 lads might feel they are being got at eh.. ;) A Vikings head above a 75? Or a hexagon with ZT on it for the boy racers? :confused:

Where are all the artists when we need em! :hissyfit:

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 23:29 #24 

RRobson
ok james (puts my serious face on) i will come up with a few ideas during the next few days :lol:

ideas people, are we wanting one comunal logo, or two seperate ones? im thinking if this is representing the community, it should be one to incorporate both halves. although, one seperate rover and mg logo could also be considered, along with the main one?

give me a few days to dwell on the idea, i will have somethin put together shortly ;)

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 01 Oct 2010, 23:35 #25 

James.uk
Ellow again Reece.. I didn't mean for you to do this personaly, or alone.. We must have lots of ideas people and a few arty types what can do this sort of stuff.

Piston heads logo fingy is pretty good... :)

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 00:46 #26 

RRobson
yeah, thats all i was goint to do, just make a few simple designs up, so everyone can come up with a final logo. if ive got time, i will get one done today which i hope will look pretty good. only problem there needs to be input from more members so the logo can be created. no good just one person saying this is how it is going to be, thats the reason many people dont like tother sides badge,
i knew what you meat james ;) aned becides, i got a C grade in art a few years back, so this should be my forte! :D

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 09:05 #27 

SpongeBob
I'm told I am an arty type, so hopefully I'm qualified to answer. ;)

Whatever design is produced must be simple in it's construction due to being able to replicate it in various media. There were many iterations of the Comminity header/logo before we all decided upon the current version. I'm sure you will also realise that not everyone is going to agree and there will be much arguing and scrapped ideas! :lol:

For your own personal endevours using existing logos would be okay, but use them in public and you've got that nasty "copyright" issue to contend with :(

I'm not out to spoil your fun, and I'm more than okay with offering help but I dont want anyone to be disappointed over an unforeseen issue.

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 11:59 #28 

nick nick
DeuxGazoles wrote:Is this thread about pies????

This has to be Colin the man who has turned tying cable ties into an art form LOL
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 26 Jun 2012, 18:07 #29