Community -club identity. ?? by James.uk (Page 1 of 2)

James.uk
I have always felt that we, as a group, need some sort of badge, mascot, icon, flag, sign, whatever -- that can be recognized by anyone --given time-- :)

When our cars are at a meet there is a mixture of Mk1 75's and the faceaches, then there are the same in the MG range, so to the casual observer we are just a row of cars parked up, with nothing to tie one to any other.. :(

I would like to see for example, all our cars with an icon-badge-picture of whatever in printed form on an A4 sheet displayed in the windscreen at meetings..

These same sheets could be stuck in the rear side windows as we travel to and from meets to "spread the word" as it were.. :D

Basically, I would like to see something that, when we get together, makes it obvious to all and sundry that we ARE together.. :hail:

Your thoughts -- ideas on the matter would be appreciated... :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 00:05 #1 

Last edited by James.uk on 26 Jan 2011, 19:29, edited 3 times in total.

JakeWilson
I always wondered whether you could fuse the to logos togeher somehow (does that make sense) so half the MG and Half the Rover badge together?

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 00:12 #2 

SpongeBob
If the general consensus is that you'd all like a printable A4 poster with the communities logo on it plus maybe your own car details then I'm sure we could accommodate the request.

Any more takers for the idea?

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 15:03 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
SpongeBob wrote:I

Any more takers for the idea?

Yes please.

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 15:26 #4 

raistlin
SpongeBob wrote:Any more takers for the idea?

Sounds like an excellent idea Simon :) Please include me.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 15:38 #5 

kandyman
have you done them yet Simon ? :stirer:

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 15:51 #6 

James.uk
"What he said" :lol: :D :D

Me too please. it's a great idea. :)

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 16:34 #7 

JohnDotCom
In that case me to...................... ;) :gmc: Image
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 16:53 #8 

Zeb
Zeb prefers his anon....anonymym....anonywotsit....oh fuggit, go on then :roll: ...I can always advertise it on the OC if I don't like it... :stirer: :D

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 17:15 #9 

Martin
Yes for me to like the idea now Jake you will have to stop with all these idea's :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 17:22 #10 

Gren 24
Sounds great,count me in.Lets show them we are Proud of our cars and the community we are in.

Les

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 18:18 #11 

James.uk
The image that John.com put up is very very good. Is that the one we are adopting???? (I hope!) :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 18:46 #12 

SpongeBob
I think we should have the Community Logo/name in the design - and yes the MG-Rover logos as we now have full permission to use them :thumbsup:

The idea would be an easy-to-print "poster" that you could easily print off containing a brief set of details about your car plus the associated logos as mentioned above. It would be a one-size-fits-all approach in so much that you could use it whenever you wanted. It should be printable to a normal A4-sized document so it would be easily positionable on any window (similar to dealership point-of-sale materials and such like).

Well, that's the design brief... I s'pose I better get on with it... :gmc:

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 18:57 #13 

starbug2
sounds good :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 18:59 #14 

James.uk
Sounds good to me.. :) ...

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 19:00 #15 

JohnDotCom
You can also laminate A4 sizes quite easily, makes displaying that much easier.
Anyone in my area is welcome to have theirs done when they are available.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 19:03 #16 

James.uk
Any updates on this??? :confused: :)

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 19:28 #17 

starbug2
James.uk wrote:Any updates on this??? :confused: :)

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 19:30 #18 

SpongeBob
Nothing is ready for consumption yet but there is a work-in-progress, err.. progressing :thumbsup: Nothing set in stone so I couldn't possibly give you any time frame for completion but when there is a significant update worthy of mention, I'll mention it ;)

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 19:55 #19 

James.uk
Okie dokie Simon..:)

I will keep an eye out for any mention of this being mentioned by anyone who should happen to mention it........ or something. -------- innit........... :?

Posted 26 Jan 2011, 20:45 #20