COIL SPRING RATINGS by FIXGER

FIXGER
I've been looking at replacing my springs and shocks as I think things are getting a bit "saggy" now! I contacted Motobuild as they have a 25mm lower set but it's listed for the ZT190. They said that they've used this set in the diesel and it works fine. What I want to know before I start throwing money away is, how much of a difference is there between the ratings of the petrol and diesel versions of the front springs - I assumed the diesel would be stiffer due to a heavier engine?
ImageImage

Posted 07 Oct 2010, 04:55 #1 

MrB
FIXGER wrote:I've been looking at replacing my springs and shocks as I think things are getting a bit "saggy" now! I contacted Motobuild as they have a 25mm lower set but it's listed for the ZT190. They said that they've used this set in the diesel and it works fine. What I want to know before I start throwing money away is, how much of a difference is there between the ratings of the petrol and diesel versions of the front springs - I assumed the diesel would be stiffer due to a heavier engine?

All I know is there is a progressive spring set made by Eibach, for the Rover 75, that I have been looking at.

They are the same rating for all variants, except the NA 1.8. see here for pics http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55972&highlight=progressive+springs&page=7 Post 66

Am yet to find anyone who has fitted them to a CDT. Am considering contacting one of the sites that sells them to ask if they could put me in touch with anyone that has so as I can gauge how well they work on the CDT.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Oct 2010, 11:23 #2 

Mintman
The Eibach are tuning stuff :mrgreen:

They have a very different behavior like originals... more stiff, sporty and lowering the car .
You get the MGF/TF driving feeling ;)

If you only want oem new ones then..... perfect match :LESJOFORS

http://automotive.lesjoforsab.com/autom ... &s=javacat

Posted 17 Oct 2010, 16:58 #3 

mikeysmarty
i ve fitted the moto build ones to my mg zt-t diesel and drives fine

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 17:49 #4 

cymrudragon
Be carefull to get the spring rate correct , if i was you change the compleat strut due to the forces in anti squat and dive and the weight of the car the zt has tuned suspention so perticular attention should be shown when fitting aftermarket suspention due to the zts unsprung and sprung weight transfer.......you may also have to change the antiroll bar bushes on the front failer will acure if the srings are not the correct rating for the forces exerted on the suspention.....ps zt and the tourer are different

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 18:46 #5