CLUTCH AND EXHAUST CHANGED by FIXGER

FIXGER
It took two weeks in all (luckily I had a loan of dad's car so I could let it lie and not rush on with the job). Here are some pics of my clutch and exhaust change.

I started with the clutch, obviously, due to the slave cylinder disintegrating inside the housing.....

Literally, it fell apart!

So, I fitted a new Land Rover item,

a new clutch

due to the old one being a bit burned,

and a new master cylinder for good measure...

Whilst everything was off for a week I tidied things up a bit, mainly by removing subframe rust and giving it a good coat or three of Hammerite.

So that was the first week. At the end of the second week I fitted my "new" exhaust. The old one passed the MOT recently but only because the tester missed the hidden hole at the top of the pipes.

The two together, but showing my de-cat.

A little off-centre but, TBH, my welding skills leave a lot to be desired - that's why there are no pics of the joint! :em:

So that was the last two weeks for me. Feels great to have a clutch that actually works properly now too! :cheers:
ImageImage

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 05:54 #1 

MrB
Some good work gone in there.

Looks a really nice job.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 10:32 #2 

Duncan
Nice job.

I rarely take photos, so big credit to you. It can really help others but I end up not wanting to keep stopping and getting my hands clean to use the camera.

The slave cylinder problem was the same as mine: the bearing was had it so it fell apart.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 11:59 #3 

FIXGER
MrB wrote:Some good work gone in there.

Looks a really nice job.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I had plenty of time (in between some "weather") to get on with it, although I still would have liked to have done a bit more tidying.
ImageImage

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:27 #4 

FIXGER
Duncan wrote:Nice job.

I rarely take photos, so big credit to you. It can really help others but I end up not wanting to keep stopping and getting my hands clean to use the camera.

The slave cylinder problem was the same as mine: the bearing was had it so it fell apart.

Again, plenty of time so taking photos wasn't a big problem. The biggest problem for me though is that the car is on the opposite side of the street from our house so running across the road with tools/camera etc etc is a slight hassle. :panic:
ImageImage

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:29 #5