'classic' car insurance. by Duncan

Duncan
I will at some point ring AF to get a quote, but thought I'd get an online quote for classic car insurance on the V6. Limited to 8k a year, two old fogies driving, parked on the drive in a fairly safe postcode, social domestic pleasure only, not even commuting.

Now OK it was one of a few, some of which were just plain high, but the one quote came out at £5500. No theres not an extra zero!

I think I'll stick with normal insurance thanks.

Posted 14 Nov 2012, 20:50 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Can you still combine insurance on a regular car plus a classic with very limited mileage? It is many years ago (best part of 30 I should think), I had a Kombi camper van and a TR250. the Kombi was something of the order of £100.00 plus an extra £30.00 for the TR as a classic. Worth an ask I suppose.

Posted 14 Nov 2012, 21:03 #2 

ceedy
I used to have similar experiences insuring my 30 year old Fiat X19. std policy £135 Fully comp
Classic over £450 .. and with lots of extra stipulations ( i.e m
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 15 Nov 2012, 10:07 #3 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:Can you still combine insurance on a regular car plus a classic with very limited mileage? It is many years ago (best part of 30 I should think), I had a Kombi camper van and a TR250. the Kombi was something of the order of £100.00 plus an extra £30.00 for the TR as a classic. Worth an ask I suppose.

Blooming eck........ 1983-1985 Triumph TR6 150 BHP £52 fully comp

Where has it all gone wrong?

Posted 16 Nov 2012, 14:30 #4