Cine projectors? by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Anyone an expert on them?

I've recently purchased a dual format Chinon.

A new belt, and it works, mostly. Sometimes the gate seems to not work properly. It will show one film fine, then another will be very jumpy, or not gate at all.

I'm guessing it just needs a clean / lubricate, but anyone any advice? or even better a service manual for a chinon 8811? Even a user manual would be a help.

I do have separate standard 8 and super 8 projectors, but I'l be wotsited if I can find the mains leads!

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:03 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:35 #2 

Duncan
Mick wrote:http://www.oldtimercameras.com/ephotozine/stock/Model.asp?Model=2584&ModelPage=true

Any use?

Thanks, saw that. But I believe they are extracting the urine with the price. After all will have been copyright. The whole projector only cost me that!

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:41 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thought it was rather steep. Collectors item price, not for a reprint though.

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:55 #4 

Duncan
Figured it without the manual, I reckon.

Had a good look in the area where the film is gated, and a guide seemed to be out of place, I guess caused by a broken film I found in it when delivered.

Also, there were a couple of unexplained levers. Examination suggested these are to make sure there's a nice loop of tape inside the gate area to allow smooth playback, and prevent breakage, which I'd assumed was a duff film when it happened yesterday.

Playing back lovely now, just need to wait for a splicer to arrive.

Then I'll be ready to submit some nice film shot about 46 years ago, to youtube. NOT.

Posted 24 Mar 2011, 20:52 #5