Chuffin hell by RichardGarner

• Related topics: (no related topics)

RichardGarner
It seems specific work I asked to be done wasn't!! Essentially the car was pulling to the left a bit and the old rear tyres were uneavenly worn, in fact very badly. So, at the same time as having the wheels refurb'd I asked them (Wheelcraft) if they could fit some new rubber, which they did. I collected the wheels and re-shod the zt-t and went today to Dexel to get the allignment checked and I specifically mentioned the uneven wear on the rears and pulling to the left. The bloke said yep that's ok we can get it done while youre here. So I watched from the reception the car go on the ramp and the bloke set to work on the front end. Trouble is every mand and his dog then came in the reception, blocking my view of the workshop! About ten minutes later I get the keys back and pay £26.

BUT I now have a wonky steering wheell and she's pulling to the left worse now than ever!!!! :mad1:

Sadly I'm at work in an hour so can't go back... I have a day off tomorrow...

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 15:11 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Call them immediately and tell them the car is worse than when you brought it in and you will be in first thing in the morning to have them do the job properly. Not much else you can do except get some sympathy from us lot. To which you are most welcome. You certainly have mine.
Hope they sort it out without any further aggravation.

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 15:14 #2 

JohnDotCom
Not all Centres can do 4 wheel alignment properly, the rear wheels can also be adjusted, and more often than not adjustment is required on rears.
Many now have proper computer equipment to help set up, but price paid seems cheap for correct 4 wheel alignment, did you get a print out of before and after?
As Mick said above get it back to them asap.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 18:32 #3 

JakeWilson
Bums, sorry to hear that Rich, had both the blue ZT and the red one done at Dexel (and the Jag) and they did a cracking job, I wonder if it was a new numpty?

Feel really bad now as it was me who recomended them! :(

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 18:41 #4 

JohnDotCom
If busy someone can loose their train of thought if they have to leave the job,
I am sure they will sort out for you as obviously from last post they can do 4 wheel alignment.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 20:00 #5 

RichardGarner
I rang them yesterday before I went to work and I spoke to the manager and from what I can gather the tecnician in question has cocked up a few times before. Would have got there sooner this morning had someone not rolled over at the bottom of Lindum Hill bringing gridlock to Lincoln. Anyway, another tecnician looked at the car today and has done a brilliant job! He did say that it wasn't done properly yesterday, so I think someone might be lined up next to a wall and dealt with!!! Didn't get charged for it and got a free cuppa, the manager couldn't apologise enough!

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 15:52 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quality result, very pleased to hear it. :)

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 16:31 #7 

JakeWilson
RichardGarner wrote:I rang them yesterday before I went to work and I spoke to the manager and from what I can gather the tecnician in question has cocked up a few times before. Would have got there sooner this morning had someone not rolled over at the bottom of Lindum Hill bringing gridlock to Lincoln. Anyway, another tecnician looked at the car today and has done a brilliant job! He did say that it wasn't done properly yesterday, so I think someone might be lined up next to a wall and dealt with!!! Didn't get charged for it and got a free cuppa, the manager couldn't apologise enough!

Ace, glad you got it sorted mate! :)

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 16:36 #8 

JohnDotCom
If his work has been of poor standard before, his work should be monitored till satisfactory or sacked!

But glad you are all now sorted with the expected result.
John

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 19:25 #9