Cheshire Sunday 5th Dec write up by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Despite the wintry weather 10 brave souls attended the latest Cheshire meet at the Hollow Tree on Sunday.

The usual culprits turned up, together with welcome newcomers and they were:
Jimbo (Jim), Rovernut (Chris), Neilll (Neil), Frankincensed (Frank), Dennisa (aka DNA) (Dennis), Rover418275 (Mike), Keith, Alkos99 (Alex), Mikeysmarty (Mike) and Chrisp955 (Chris).

DNA (Dennis), Mikeysmarty (Mike) and Chrisp955 (Chris) joined this Community after attending the meet.

Rumours abounded as to whether James would turn up but he was probably......... :bed:

The turnout was obviously reduced due to the weather but the location of The Hollow Tree on Junction 10 of the M56 saw members from not only various Cheshire locations but also from Holywell, North Wales and Manchester.

Three other cars were parked ‘line astern’ opposite the line up.

After the usual banter outside we retired to the section of the restaurant that the manager had set aside and we used 13 of the 20 places that we had at our disposal.

Rumour has it that a pie was consumed.............
:shock:

Whilst we defrosted swilling beer and munching on our hot food the usual discussion of matters 75/ZT technical etc was followed by a natter about our new meet location.

The concensus of opinion was that the Hollow Tree was an excellant location, good food, good beer, (Jim and Dennis were happy with the Guinness and Chris and I were happy with the draught Bombadier bitter), and a co-operative manager.

We decided that we will make the Hollow Tree our regular meeting place, getting together on the third Sunday of each month. These meetings will be either of a social gathering or even of the nano type.

Chrisp955 was attending his first meet after recently acquiring his car, he found it very useful to discuss and explore the various upgrades that are available for his car, eg Message Centre IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)).

The group now defrosted in the restaurant, the only person missing is Keith who had a prior engagement and had to leave early...

Sorry this picture is at the bottom of the post. Whoops !

The line up is as follows The group now defrosted in the restaurant the only person missing from this is Keith who had a prior: Neil, Jim, Frank and partner, Mike (Mikeysmarty & partner), Chris & partner, Chris (Rovernut), Dennis, Alex and passenger, oh yes and me behind the camera..

But more importantly the stars of the meet............ Our Cars

Alex

Chris

Chris (and welcome to the Community)

Dennis (and welcome to the Community)

Frank

Jim

Keith

Mike (and welcome to the Community)

Neil

Me I think

Jimbo and Neilll were still in deep discussion when the light was failing and the fog was thickening and I was wondering if I should book them in for an evening meal? :confused: .

Thank you to everyone who turned up and look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Cheers

:cheers:
Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 18:49 #1 

Last edited by Bermudan 75 on 06 Dec 2010, 20:21, edited 6 times in total.

James.uk
Hmmm Deff need to insert inserts -- THIS NEEDS PICS INNIT!! :P :stirer:

Otherwise a very nice write-up Mike. Thank you.. :thumbsup:

I do intend to support the Cheshire chapter, but will have to wait for warmer weather.. :em:

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 19:06 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sorry for the delay, pics now inserted. :)

You are a brave bunch.

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 19:20 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DNA (Dennis), Mikeysmarty (Mike) and Chrisp955 (Chris) joined this Community after attending the meet.

And most welcome you are too. :)

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 19:33 #4 

Bermudan 75
Write up now updated.

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 19:59 #5 

jimbo
Good write up Mike and a good photo of us all together. Really enjoyed myself and looking forward to the next.

Cheers Jim
jimbo

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 20:05 #6 

Bermudan 75
jimbo wrote:Good write up Mike and a good photo of us all together. Really enjoyed myself and looking forward to the next.

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

Could not have done the write up without the help of Mick, maybe by the time comes around for the January meet I might just have the hang of things. :rolling:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 20:10 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No trouble at all Mike, that's one of the things we're for. :) Helping folk out when it's needed is what this community is all about.

Archived read only version here:- viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2430

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 20:15 #8 

Bermudan 75
I have sent pm's to all those who attended to point out that the write up is now available.

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 21:25 #9 

neilll
many thanks to richard and mike for organising and hosting the meet on sunday, thought the venue was excellent and looking forward to the next one.will switch the sat/nav on when going home next time (might get home a bit quicker)!

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 23:45 #10