Cheshire / Manchester Meet Sun 19th Sept by Bermudan 75 (Page 2 of 5)

takestock
Drat, this is a conspiracy. this is the same day that i have agreed to go to BlueJon's birthday meet / general rover meet in the lake district organised by paulG next door :hissyfit:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Aug 2010, 17:47 #21 

James.uk
Awwww, that's a real shame Dave, as I know how much you enjoyed the last one.. :D

Still ... always the next one innit.. :)

Posted 31 Aug 2010, 18:21 #22 

Bermudan 75
I have informed the management at the Rompers that we will be taking over one of their car parks on ther 19th. They are happy as long as we spend some time in the bar drinking and eating.

Due to the popularity of the previous meeting it is time to re-brand the meeting as the Cheshire nano-meet, based upon the extremely successful Wolves nano-meets organised by Raistlin and Trebor.

Now, for those of you who haven't a clue what a nano-meet is:-

A meeting for the sole purpose (other than eating) of doing work on our cars. If you've a job or mod you'd like to do but don't have the confidence to attempt by yourself. This is the ideal opportunity as there will be plenty of forum members on hand to help and advise. You're more than welcome to help others with their jobs as well

That's how it all works So if you've nothing you need doing then please just turn up for the craic and to get stuck in with others

It 's a great chance to get stuck in to working on our cars without the usual interruptions we all put up with at home

There will almost certainly be a plethora of diverse experience and facilities. With luck we should have a forum member there who has a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and knows how to use it

Retro-fitting powerfold mirrors seems to have become the signature activity of these meetings and we now have the connectors and terminations to make a pretty much OEM job of it, especially since Ben worked out how to use the door jamb connector blocks

The only restrictions on what we do are that the task must be comfortably do-able in six to eight hours and nothing oily please as we MUST leave the venue as tidy as it will be when we turn up on the day

If you were considering doing one of Raistlin'sy remote projects then this meeting would be a good time to get it done, having access to Raistlin if you need help

As the list of names develops, more specialities will become apparent

If you need more information then by all means contact either myself or Richard jackson. A search of the forum using "nano" or "west midlands" should give you an idea of what happens.

Although it says "Cheshire", these meetings are open to any forum member. You decide how far you're willing to travel

Please let us know what you're contemplating doing to you car so we can keep an eye on facilities, tools needed etc.

If you want powerfolds fitting, Raistlin will make the looms up before the event so they are ready to fit Please let us know in plenty of time

Owners are responsible for their cars and any work carried out is at their own risk.

Please advise me of any mods you may require and we will see if you can be accommodated.

Mike

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 16:27 #23 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:If you want powerfolds fitting, Raistlin will make the looms up before the event so they are ready to fit

Really?? :o :shock: Amazing :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 16:34 #24 

Bermudan 75
You will be rewarded with a trip to view the Nimrod, which is just around the corner from the Rompers.......

Is it one that you have been associated with?

:cheers:

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 16:55 #25 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:
Is it one that you have been associated with?

:cheers:

If it's a Nimrod, I've worked on it Mike :D
Paul

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 17:02 #26 

Keleko
Am I right in thinking that the lazy vent from the key fob can be done at the meet? i really want it but don't wanna mess things up with my lack of skills.

Also is Mike gonna be there with T4? I'm wanting day dunning side lights turned on :thumbsup:
Commission number: 30126

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 20:00 #27 

James.uk
What happens at Nano meets in the advent of rain? :confused:

Posted 04 Sep 2010, 22:42 #28 

JohnDotCom
You get wet and continue............ ;)
Plenty of Bars and Restaurants near-bye.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 08:43 #29 

raistlin
Keleko wrote:Am I right in thinking that the lazy vent from the key fob can be done at the meet? i really want it but don't wanna mess things up with my lack of skills.

If there is a T4 there, yes :)
Paul

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 13:21 #30 

Keleko
raistlin wrote:
Keleko wrote:Am I right in thinking that the lazy vent from the key fob can be done at the meet? i really want it but don't wanna mess things up with my lack of skills.

I think Mike is bringing T4 if I'm not mistaken :D

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 15:54 #31 

raistlin
Keleko wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Which Mike?
Paul

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 16:19 #32 

Keleko
raistlin wrote:
Keleko wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Which Mike?

I think Mike from M&R Motors, i may be wrong though :confused:

Posted 05 Sep 2010, 18:21 #33 

Bermudan 75
Richard is contacting Paul at M&R Motors to see if he will attend with his T4, we will keep everyone posted.

Advance warning of any upgrades etc would be much appreciated. I will put up brief details on the original post.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 06 Sep 2010, 16:20 #34 

Hayes'ee
(Trader)
I'm pretty new to this side, so the best way to meet you all is to come along, so ill do just that, some ill know from next door, others can buy me a pint (of coke) as a welcome hehe

im actually lookin foward to this now... oh, and if someone can show me how to do the powerfold on the key rather than pressing the button, that would just be ace :D

Ill bring all me tools but i suspect everyone will be suitably kitted anyhow.... happy to help where i can :)
Ian

www.khaostuning.co.uk
info@khaostuning.co.uk

ECU Remaps from £199 - Mobile service covering the entire North West.

NEW PREMISES OPENING SOON!!!!

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 22:45 #35 

Trebor
Hayes'ee wrote:I'm pretty new to this side, so the best way to meet you all is to come along, so ill do just that, some ill know from next door, others can buy me a pint (of coke) as a welcome hehe

im actually lookin foward to this now... oh, and if someone can show me how to do the powerfold on the key rather than pressing the button, that would just be ace :D

Ill bring all me tools but i suspect everyone will be suitably kitted anyhow.... happy to help where i can :)

You need to read Pauls link below to see what you need for the powerfolds mod

http://www.raistlin295.com/archive/down ... autopf.pdf
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 06:29 #36 

richardwjackson
Hayes'ee wrote:I'm pretty new to this side, so the best way to meet you all is to come along, so ill do just that, some ill know from next door, others can buy me a pint (of coke) as a welcome hehe

Whats your member name on the 'other side' mate so I can add you to the list. :D

Posted 10 Sep 2010, 09:24 #37 

Hayes'ee
(Trader)
richardwjackson wrote:

Whats your member name on the 'other side' mate so I can add you to the list. :D

Im hayes'ee on MG-rover.org (where i spend most of my time) and on 75ZTOC.
Ian

www.khaostuning.co.uk
info@khaostuning.co.uk

Posted 10 Sep 2010, 14:48 #38 

Hayes'ee
(Trader)
Trebor wrote:

You need to read Pauls link below to see what you need for the powerfolds mod

http://www.raistlin295.com/archive/down ... autopf.pdf

Ive had a look and i am unable to find the module to buy. I have however spotted the untimate remote module, which i think ill be purchasing soon instead... i dont think this will be before the meet however :)
Ian

www.khaostuning.co.uk
info@khaostuning.co.uk

Posted 10 Sep 2010, 15:04 #39 

raistlin
Hayes'ee wrote:Ive had a look and i am unable to find the module to buy.

Chris took it out of his list as it wasn't very popular.

The module is still available however, but if you're going for the ultimate remote it'd be a duplication.
Paul

Posted 10 Sep 2010, 15:17 #40 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.