Check engine by Zeb

Zeb
Having serviced the rear brakes today I thought I'd try out the new power VIS (Variable Intake System) motor..... :shock:

So, for the first time since fitting it I banged her up past 4500rpm...and... a momentary but quite marked hesitation, then Check Engine light flashes up....for about 2 seconds...then she took off like a scalded burnt thing that is on fire and maybe burning..... No repeat of the Check Engine light or the hesitation after that but she goes like stink now...and has a whole new engine sound... :D Do I need to worry? :?

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 19:57 #1 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:she goes like stink now...and has a whole new engine sound... :D Do I need to worry? :?

This doesn't need an answer does it?

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 19:59 #2 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:
Zeb wrote:she goes like stink now...and has a whole new engine sound... :D Do I need to worry? :?

This doesn't need an answer does it?

Well...I dunno...cos when that Check Engine light popped up at 80 mph and a shade under 5000rpm I was a tad concerned I must say!

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:11 #3 

Martin
Yes I had this to, it appears that the yougert you used to lube the VIS values (as advised in grocers weekly) works fine but any excess left gets consumed by the engine which then f**t's thus setting off the engine check light and tries to find the nearest motorway for a good burn up. Or non of this at all :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:17 #4 

Zeb
Martin wrote:Yes I had this to, it appears that the yougert you used to lube the VIS values (as advised in grocers weekly) works fine but any excess left gets consumed by the engine which then f**t's thus setting off the engine check light and tries to find the nearest motorway for a good burn up. Or non of this at all :lol:

Marvellous advice Martin! Reminds me of the excellent advice I got from a chap regarding the thrust bearing...I forget his name... :lol:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:21 #5 

Martin
Ahhhh yes now let me think........Oooooo thats a hard one.......nice chap as I recall but a tad on the flaky side......and has no idea when it comes to thrust thingies...........did he not tell you that at the time? well would you Adam and eve it........You know this could have all been a cunning plan :? or not ..........now were is the Cherry.......... :o

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:27 #6 

Martin
I bet you said yogurt in your mind :lol:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 20:29 #7 

takestock
Probably just clearing it's throat Carl, especially if you've not ventured to those revs before, definately not supposed to happen but unless it does again i wouldn't worry about it. VIS. motors do not bring on the Engine light if they fail. They do increase driving pleasue when working though ;);)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:14 #8 

Zeb
takestock wrote:Probably just clearing it's throat Carl, especially if you've not ventured to those revs before, definately not supposed to happen but unless it does again i wouldn't worry about it. VIS. motors do not bring on the Engine light if they fail. They do increase driving pleasue when working though ;);)

I wondered if it was the shock of the VIS working again that set it off? :lol:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:15 #9 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
takestock wrote:Probably just clearing it's throat Carl, especially if you've not ventured to those revs before, definately not supposed to happen but unless it does again i wouldn't worry about it. VIS. motors do not bring on the Engine light if they fail. They do increase driving pleasue when working though ;);)

That means you'll have to come around and take me out in it again then! Mine's still well of the road!

Jake

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:29 #10 

Zeb
JakeWilson wrote:
Zeb wrote:

That means you'll have to come around and take me out in it again then! Mine's still well of the road!

Jake

Will do...t'is quicker than it was the last time you went in it! :shock:

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:47 #11 

Bernard
Was it running LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) at the time?

If so it could be the injectors objecting to being woken up, they often get sticky if not used for a while.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:52 #12 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:Was it running LPG at the time?

If so it could be the injectors objecting to being woken up, they often get sticky if not used for a while.

No, it was on petrol...I haven't put any gas back in it yet...but I will bear that in mind when I do!

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 21:56 #13 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:

No, it was on petrol...I haven't put any gas back in it yet...but I will bear that in mind when I do!

I would put money on it. 8-)
But not a lot. ;)

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 10:06 #14 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:

But not a lot. ;)

Put some gas in her just now....no hiccups just carried on going like a rocket....nice. :D

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 19:57 #15 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:

But not a lot. ;)

Put some gas in her just now....no hiccups just carried on going like a rocket....nice. :D

Well, there you are, the reason that I'm not a gambling man. 8-)

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 20:09 #16