Charity Shop Finds by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
I try and have a look round the local charity shops at least once every two weeks well yesterday was my day for it found a few good finds first was a detailed sketch of a Jenson interceptor, with all the measurements ie wheel base ground clearence etc.
Image1

Image2

Also found a nice painting below.

A Guinness inflatable beer bucket still in its plastic wrapper never been opened. The ultimate opere collection 18 tracks disc, also some Whitefriars Glass will post them once cleaned:-D indeed.

What good finds have you had if any.
Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 01:27 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Well this is my kind of thread :D

One of my best ever finds was at a car boot sale where I purchased a Brand New set of Genuine Range Rover Sport car mats for just £3.00! I went on to sell them on eBay to a chap in Australia for about £80.00, trouble was I only allowed about £10.00 to post them and when they ended up costing £50.00 to post I was not amused!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 09:19 #2 

Tourerfogey
That Interceptor plan is a fantastic find - is it a genuine one from the factory or something produced outside at a later date??

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 13:10 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Cowley_MOA wrote:Well this is my kind of thread :D

One of my best ever finds was at a car boot sale where I purchased a Brand New set of Genuine Range Rover Sport car mats for just £3.00! I went on to sell them on eBay to a chap in Australia for about £80.00, trouble was I only allowed about £10.00 to post them and when they ended up costing £50.00 to post I was not amused!

Yer bit of a Bu--er that but hey still quids in but it's the thrill of the find too. :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 14:20 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Tourerfogey wrote:That Interceptor plan is a fantastic find - is it a genuine one from the factory or something produced outside at a later date??

Not quite sure but as wrote on it Kelvin Way West Brom England.

Drawn by G Dale 14-10-67 DRG No CT 3227 Scale 1/10 = 1"

Fuel tank capacity 16 gallons.

Alternator 46amp (Chrysler) Battery 12volts 69amp HR

Engine Chrysler B Type

BHP-SAE 325- 4600
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 15:34 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
These are the Whitefriars Glass vases i found recently.
This vessel was from the wealedstone range designed by Barnaby Powel 1930 wave ribbed vase Pat 8986 originally dsigned by Harry Powel 1911
the Powel's owned and stated Whitefriars 1834 by James Powel.
Image1

James Hogan lobed vase 1949 sapphire blue Pat No 9376
Image2

Aubergine Forked vase designed by Geoffrey baxter 1972 only Pat No 9556
Image3

I used to have over 450 pieces of Whitefriars Glass in the height of my collecting once bought tow very rare Tangerine 9566 teardrop vases from Australia off the bay for £200 sold them for £925 no one as ever found any since to my knowledge. :-D
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 22:51 #6