Central Locking Problems by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Hi folks,

The central locking on my car is acting up. For a while the drivers door would only open by manually using the key.

Now both nearside doors do not respond to the key fob and the speed locking only activates the rear offside door. The doors do not respond to the locking switch on the central transmission tunnel.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 28 Jun 2013, 16:58 #1 

Duncan
The motors are known to fail however that's a lot of motors to fail! The BCU (Body Control Unit) controls the two nearside and the rear offside on one set of connections, the drivers on another, so as some of them on the same connections work while others don't I'd say the BCU is OK. Therefore it's either motors or wiring. If wiring I'd start at door connectors as they can take on water and corrode, which given your cars history is possible.

Posted 28 Jun 2013, 17:16 #2 

Bermudan 75
Will a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) hook up identify the problem? When I press the locking the motors seem to respond, but the press down buttons on the doors do not. If I manually unlock each door, the fob will lock all of the doors, but then only unlocks the rear offside door.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 17:56 #3 

Duncan
It may, but the T4 usually says that the lock motors are faulty even when they are fine so isn't a fat lot of help.

We'll see what we can see over the weekend.

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 18:22 #4 

raistlin
Looks like |I'll be T4ing then Duncan. You seem to have quite a lot of alternative things to do :lol:

As far as I'm aware, I don't have any specific jobs this weekend.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 18:40 #5