Central locking problem by persuer

persuer
Hi all for some reason my near side rear door will not unlock with the fob or with the centre button by the handbrake. To open the door I have to reach over and pull the handle from inside the car but it will lock with the fob and centre button ???????.
any ideas guys and gals?.

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 17:37 #1 

takestock
Usually a lock assy problem and the units are not really serviceable. almost always a lock assy change is required :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 18:04 #2 

persuer
Thanks for your help Dave but you lost me after "a" :-?

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 18:14 #3 

MN190

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 18:58 #4 

persuer
Right is that the piece in the last picture marked as number 5? Or have you read my post and think that I meant that my door will only open from the inside?

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 19:06 #5 

MN190
Picture 5 shows you the part Dave is referring to.
It may just need checking that bar is stopping the wire from working or needs some lubrication.

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 19:17 #6 

persuer
Ah I see now Mark what you are on about, Sorry mate it was just me being a bit thick :lol:, Looks like door card of tomorrow and have a butchers. Will keep you posted.
thanks again all.

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 19:25 #7 

takestock
OK, when the key fob doesn't operate , it is usually the first sign of the lock motors failing. Believe me when I say that I and others have looked into stripping the lock assembly down to repair the motors :(
The usual remedy is to change the lock assembly in the door, not too bad a job but a little fiddly.
Where are you based?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 20:30 #8 

persuer
I'm in sedgley west mids Dave

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 21:06 #9 

MN190
It is usually however
My rear passenger door didn't always unlock on the fob. Iirc a mod was issued by mg rover for the earlier cars to cover this that involved fitting a piece of plastic between the cable and the bar. I followed this about 6 years ago. Now the door unlocks every time on the fob. This was on the first rave disc I had but not the latest one.

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 21:07 #10 

takestock
persuer wrote:I'm in sedgley west mids Dave

Next nano meet Four ashes 21st-22nd July ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 21:19 #11