Census by PaulT

• Related topics: (no related topics)

PaulT
Filled mine in on line. Thought it an absolute doddle doing it that way.

Wonder how many did - seems such a waste sending out all those envelopes stuffed with paper.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 07:20 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It seemed such a waste of paper not to fill it in and post it back after they very thoughtfully wasted a small fortune sending it out. :D

Another one in a similar vein. Postal votes. Hand delivered is a card stating "Official postal poll card". This states that postal voting papers will be delivered (by post) on such and such a date. :confused:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 09:21 #2 

JohnDotCom
Never yet filled in a Census in the UK....no comebacks or follow ups either.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 16:34 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:Never yet filled in a Census in the UK....no comebacks or follow ups either.

First time I have ever filled one out, just goes to show how much of a waste of precious resources it is. Surely the millions it costs to take a census would be better used providing the services the census is supposed aid.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 16:38 #4 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:Never yet filled in a Census in the UK....no comebacks or follow ups either.

Well, have just processed the Council Tax requests for where I work and a little leaflet with the demands state:

'Completing your census form will mean roughly £6,000* of government sunding for local services'
* per completed form

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 09:03 #5 

JohnDotCom
[quote="PaulT]'Completing your census form will mean roughly £6,000* of government sunding for local services'
* per completed form

Paul[/quote]

What utter crap!!
112,000 Property Census forms for Conwy County area would equal approx £672,000,000 for just this seaside resort area.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 13:36 #6 

raistlin
In a somewhat tenuous link, we've already had bogus "Census Officers" carrying out distraction burglaries in this area :evil: They just don't miss a trick.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 15:19 #7