CDT De-Cat by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

PaulT
Arctic do those prices look too cheap - after all cats contain precious metals that has led to theives hacking off the cats fitted to vans and 4 x 4s (cos they are easier to get under).
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Feb 2014, 08:35 #21 

JohnDotCom
My 2005 model had Cat fitted, but I had that bypassed years ago and it has passed every MOT since, even this years last month.
Not always at same MOT station either.
As the CDT didn't have a CAT always at beginning (think the CDTI did though.) and no particulate filter ever fitted I expect we will continue to get away with de cat exhausts. :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Feb 2014, 14:46 #22 

Arctic
(Trader)
PaulT wrote:Arctic do those prices look too cheap - after all cats contain precious metals that has led to theives hacking off the cats fitted to vans and 4 x 4s (cos they are easier to get under).

Hi Paul.
To be honest i was just going on the fact that you trust people to be true, so i can not really say but i note from euro carparts they have these below ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REACT-Catalyt ... 51b859d628
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 12:42 #23 

PaulT
Arctic wrote:
PaulT wrote:Arctic do those prices look too cheap - after all cats contain precious metals that has led to theives hacking off the cats fitted to vans and 4 x 4s (cos they are easier to get under).

Hi Paul.
To be honest i was just going on the fact that you trust people to be true, so i can not really say but i note from euro carparts they have these below ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REACT-Catalyt ... 51b859d628

Maybe they are dumping parts because you cannot get the parts for Rovers :)

The list price quoted is £500 plus.

On rimmers site Rover £512, aftermarket £206.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 17:29 #24