Car T262 JOP by Dallas (Page 2 of 4)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dallas
I forgot that I had taken this pic of her....... dont she look great...... :clap:

T262JOP.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:41 #21 

Dallas
Hi Guys!

Well if anyone is interested! she will be down at South Western Vehicle Auctions (SWVA) this Friday 23/07/10, START FROM 12:30PM.

She is number 18, SEE HERE!

http://www.swva.co.uk/auction.php

I expect I will be there again. :D anyone else coming........

EDIT!
sorry! start time is 12:30pm not 4:30pm

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 21:04 #22 

Rammie
Love to, OMG it's in Poole and I live in Derby, hmmm, fraid not this time but do let us know how it goes.

Dig deep in them pockets :stirer:
Brian

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 22:23 #23 

Thomas 75 connie
That is gorgeus lovely lovely lovely. But as you said you went and looked at it again and decided against it. So it wasn't meant to be.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 11:36 #24 

Dallas
Thomas 75 connie wrote:That is gorgeus lovely lovely lovely. But as you said you went and looked at it again and decided against it. So it wasn't meant to be.

Yep! thats it Thomas, :rolling:

I will most probably go look at it again tomorrow and most probably look at her as I would look at a gorgeous woman, :lol: T262JOP she really does look very SEXY.

.......................ooOOPS!! dont tell the wife :whump:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 16:40 #25 

Dallas
T262JOP sold for £475.................... :shock:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 22:47 #26 

Rammie
I hope it was you who bought it then. ;)

If not, you will still be kicking yourself, the wheels alone look like they are worth that :confused:
Brian

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 05:13 #27 

Cowley_MOA
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 12 Aug 2010, 08:43 #28 

Dallas
Hey! buddy you are a genius, you found her again. :o

I just don't believe it, she is in Waterlooville.

That write up makes me laugh, do you think that they are being honest and really don't know that its HG failure.

Who wants to email the seller and tell them the story of T262JOP in its last few weeks (where its been and what it was purchased for). :lol:

I actually turned her down at the very cheap price of £200, I do still regret it but to late now.

Who's gonna tell the seller then ? :clap:

Posted 12 Aug 2010, 17:47 #29 

Dallas
WELL! The hours are ticking away, she is still there on ebay looking all sexy. :shock:

............... so she has been at Poole Auctions twice and now on ebay in the space of 4 weeks, such a sad story. Does anybody think she will be saved and have the HG repaired or do you think she will be broke and used as parts?

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 17:56 #30 

Turbo-Rush
hi guys, just joined the forum as you can prob tell, but i would like to say i'm the poor sucker that now owns T262 JOP really nice looking car and all that but hey i bought it blind and paid £400 so i'm thinking i didn't do to bad despite the hg failure that i was not aware of, i took a punt on the the poor warm starting as it said on the ebay listing and had a new cam sensor anyway hmmm, only fools rush in is echo'ing in my ears lol... but on doing a google search on the reg has brought me here and now i'm at a dilemmer....do i break such a renownd car (hell no) but its not going to be cheap to repair...any thoughts guys let me know cheers

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 18:24 #31 

SpongeBob
Glad you found us - you've certainly come to the right place with probably the worlds best collection of 75/ZT experts all at your fingertips :) Some of our tech-heads will no doubt spring forth with info shortly ;)

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 19:59 #32 

Duncan
HG failure on a V6 seems to be rare. Maybe it was caused by a coolant leak? The thermostat housing is the usual culprit. Saying that, the cooling system on my V6 seems to hold water and is a similar age (V reg).

It may be cheaper to get a second hand engine. Dave (Stocktake) bought one so might be able to guide on price.

It would be a shame to break an early car. The TxxxJOP were mostly run by Managers at Rover as their company cars just prior to full public sale. I guess it depends on how you feel about spending money on something that has a bit of history.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:34 #33 

Bernard
Is it confirmed that it really has HGF (Head Gasket Failure)?
I've seen several 'diagnosed' as such which actually were just people jumping to conclusions because of the 'all Rovers suffer from it' syndrome.

I would stick some 'K' seal in it and see what happens. There's nothing to lose unless water is pouring out of it somewhere, it won't stop that.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:41 #34 

Turbo-Rush
reading on another 75 forum a guy in bournemouth had it in for repair and says the water would pour out if it with in 1-5mins of the engine running and without having a proper look at it myself i'm baseing my postings on this....

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:51 #35 

Turbo-Rush
forgot to say he also added that the hgf happened due to the water pymp failing

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:53 #36 

Duncan
Bernard may well be right. As I already said, KV6 head gaskets on the 75s are not as poor as the 1.8s. It could be a failed cooling fan which is unfortunately a much more common fault. A cracked thermostat housing could also cause the water to come out as soon as the engine gets warm. Could even be as simple as a pressure cap failure which is not unheard of.

Any idea where the water actually comes out? Is there any sign of water in the oil? Don't dismiss it as it may well be a misdiagnosis.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 20:58 #37 

Bernard
If there's one thing that I've learned about diagnosis it is to listen to what someone says by all means, then put it aside until you've held your own investigation. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 21:14 #38 

timbo.p6
£200 why didt you buy her in the first place any 75 at that price great for spares but a t-reg why why why :oops:

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 20:20 #39 

Dallas
timbo.p6 wrote:£200 why didt you buy her in the first place any 75 at that price great for spares but a t-reg why why why :oops:

I know I know! I'm a complete idiot :hissyfit:

I talked myself out of it, did not want the hassle of getting it back to mine and then stripping it I suppose (I do regret it). :gmc:

Posted 30 Aug 2010, 22:44 #40