Car Insurance renewal - What a joke.... by carlpenn

carlpenn
Had my renewal from my Insurance company - I have 7 years NCB due to me being a named driver on my wifes policies prior to that - 1 claim this year for damage to my door, Protected No Claims, Vandalism cover (which I claimed on) and Courtesy car.

Fully Comprehensive last year was £340 the same insurer now asks for £720 !!!

Strangely enough, the new quote has risen almost to the penny as to the same amount quoted for repairs to the door !! :shock: Furthermore, after my claim, the Insurer has never bothered to contact me at all, not even bothered to find out if the repairs where carried out to a satisfactory state, pretty poor service. When I rang the insurer to cancel my renewal, I pointed out how appalled I was at the increase and pointed out all the above, no apology was made and I was "Happily" dealt with..........makes you wonder doesn't it?

Could it be that its common practice to do this? as the same happened on my wifes car, different insurer and again the increase was almost to the penny - Perhaps a way to "Shed" off those who claim, after all, if you claim you lose them money..........
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 20:06 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I find my premium is almost doubled every time I have had a renewal notice. Needless to say I have never paid it, just gone and found better elsewhere, I usually go back to existing to give them the option of price matching, even managed a reduction on the cheaper quote as well. Only the once, mind you.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 20:21 #2