Car Insurance Problems by DeuxGazoles (Page 2 of 2)

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:I know adverts are generally bullshite but Direct Line currently say they will beat any quote and give 12 months cover for price of 10.

£952.94 :(
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 12:35 #21 

calibrax
I've heard that if you add an older named driver (father, mother, etc) to your policy, that reduces the cost in some cases. Worth a shot?
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 16:32 #22 

JohnDotCom
One of the big problems is that Car Insurance has really gone up, the price without any no claims is often in the thousands.
One of my brothers in the Motor trade his insurance is over £2,000 payable a year with maximum no claims, living in Barnet!
Your job can knock up the price no end, car group, if garaged overnight, postcode etc.

You may find similar insuring any car of same group, some teenagers pay more in premium than the car is worth, crazy, and they wonder why people drive without Insurance.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 18:11 #23 

DeuxGazoles
calibrax wrote:I've heard that if you add an older named driver (father, mother, etc) to your policy, that reduces the cost in some cases. Worth a shot?

Tried it & in some cases reduced it by a whopping £40 :roll: but in others it went up

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 20:29 #24 

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:One of the big problems is that Car Insurance has really gone up, the price without any no claims is often in the thousands.
One of my brothers in the Motor trade his insurance is over £2,000 payable a year with maximum no claims, living in Barnet!
Your job can knock up the price no end, car group, if garaged overnight, postcode etc.

You may find similar insuring any car of same group, some teenagers pay more in premium than the car is worth, crazy, and they wonder why people drive without Insurance.

I was paying about £340 which was annoying enough as my old Group 16 Volvo was only £230 :(

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 20:30 #25