Car alarm by twiglet

twiglet
Rover 75 tourer cdti conny

Battery on car went flat due to either car alarm going off and draining it or i had left something else on, I was at Centre Parks for the week end, and had to call the RAC who could find no fault with electrics and car has been okay, except alarm does not work but doors lock and light flashes, can anyone help on this problem battery is 1year olde I also hav highline sat nav but I dont think I left that on.??

Thanks

Derek

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 16:11 #1 

starbug2
maybe it needs resetting as may of gone funny with the flat battery , i'm sure those with a better knowledge will add wisdom to your woes ....

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 16:15 #2 

JohnDotCom
First thing to check for Flat Battery when you have Sat Nav fitted is the Sat Nav Computer (what you put the disc in).
Check to see that after you have turned everything off, that the Red light on front of Computer goes out after about 30 - 40 seconds, if it stays on unit is faulty and quite a common fault that causes battery to die.
You can leave boot/tailgate open to check this.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 16:44 #3 

twiglet
no it goes out and always make sure i turn off telly when finished

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 18:31 #4 

Duncan
twiglet wrote:Rover 75 tourer cdti conny

Battery on car went flat due to either car alarm going off and draining it or i had left something else on, I was at Centre Parks for the week end, and had to call the RAC who could find no fault with electrics and car has been okay, except alarm does not work but doors lock and light flashes, can anyone help on this problem battery is 1year olde I also hav highline sat nav but I dont think I left that on.??

Thanks

Derek

What do you mean when you say the alarm doesn't work? You say the doors lock and the light flashes. What else are you expecting it to do, that it doesn't?

Posted 07 Jan 2011, 21:06 #5 

twiglet
if you lock the car with the key fob and you then opened it with the key in the lock the alarm would go off, and also if you lock the car when you are in it with the fob and press the unlock button next to
the gear stick and open the door the alarm again does not go off
derek

Posted 08 Jan 2011, 10:14 #6 

Duncan
On most 75s (except it seems some later ones) unlocking with the key in the door does switch off the alarm as well.

The one I don't understand is the switch by the gearstick. When the car is locked from the fob, that switch should do nothing at all, and you shouldn't be able to get out of the car as the doors should be deadlocked.

Posted 08 Jan 2011, 19:16 #7 

Jürgen
twiglet wrote:if you lock the car with the key fob and you then opened it with the key in the lock the alarm would go off, and also if you lock the car when you are in it with the fob and press the unlock button next to
the gear stick and open the door the alarm again does not go off
derek

Unlocking the car with the key should turn off the alarm. So if the alarm goes off when you open the door, there's some fault.

After locking the car with the key fob, a push on the button on the centre console should sound the alarm, but you shouldn't be able to open the doors.

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 14:13 #8