Cannot find any Mobil 1 ATF for the 260 by ceedy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Just as the title really , Mobil put me on to a UK dist, they shoved me onto to ECP? but already bin there , and they can't help ?

Must be some somewhere ??

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 04 Mar 2015, 15:40 #1 

JakeWilson
Chris, is this for the Gearbox?

The Tremec forums advise that anything other than mineral Dexron III ATF can cause issues with gear change.

If it's for PAS, then ignore me!

Posted 25 Mar 2015, 22:12 #2 

ceedy
Hi Jake .

yup for the gearbox . doing that and the Diff just once as I don't know the last time they were

Just quoting the wikpedia amongst others ,

" NB: Tremec service manual also specifies Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF ( Tremec specification ET-M-99 ) in addition to Dexron III."

"TREMEC recommends GM Synchromesh (GM Part # 12345349). For all other aftermarket models we recommend Dexron III ATF."

I see you've gone for Fuchs 4400 ! .

So many differing opinions :-D

Chris

JakeWilson wrote:Chris, is this for the Gearbox?

The Tremec forums advise that anything other than mineral Dexron III ATF can cause issues with gear change.

If it's for PAS, then ignore me!
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 25 Mar 2015, 22:50 #3 

JakeWilson
Yes, Tremec originally stated fully synth, and the retracted that statement and stated mineral.

Posted 28 Mar 2015, 00:26 #4 

greeners
Speak to Brian at Dreadnaught and see what he would recommend

Posted 18 Apr 2015, 22:36 #5