can the boot cover on the tourer be fixed? by starbug2

starbug2
today my cover stuck in the cassette , yes I've had both bumpers off the last 2 days but I've not done anything to the cassette except move it out the way earlier. to free it i drilled the rivets out to poke about but nothing to be seen . i got it free but the spring action is no more , so can it be fixed or is it a case of get another one ? thank you in advance......

Posted 16 May 2011, 19:40 #1 

Duncan
Never heard of anyone working on one before. It's based on a BMW part so might be worth trawling some of their forums to see if there's a fix.

Replacement ones are seen on ebay, though the ones with the cargo net tend to fetch a lot.

Posted 16 May 2011, 19:53 #2 

starbug2
i could not see anything to fix so i guess it is inside the centre rod ? what ever has broken

Posted 16 May 2011, 20:02 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Starbug.
check this out on fleabay. might be your lucky day not to many bidders.
http://tinyurl.com/6ypxpsh
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 May 2011, 00:21 #4 

starbug2
thank you , i'll keep a eye on it. might have one lined up but doesn't hurt to have options . thank's again

Posted 17 May 2011, 17:47 #5 

Duncan
Also this one if you can find someone to collect

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGZTT-Rover-75-Es ... 2310a09da9

Posted 17 May 2011, 18:17 #6 

starbug2
thank you , a bit off putting that no photo shown .... i bet it won't go for 99p

Posted 17 May 2011, 18:23 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Starbug.
It has been lifted someone must have offered a BIN price as it was only up £11.55 last night and early this morning i wonder if someone saw it on here and brought it, :confused: you can get this a lot once it as been showed i collect glass and it is deadly to put a link up as someone 85% time offers a buy it now price and the seller thinks they are getting a good deal but not always as some can go well over the asking price. Sorry just wished you had seen it earlier.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ignore me i clicked on the wrong link not the one i put up got quite :confused: :confused: got a fussy head :gmc: :gmc:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 May 2011, 18:36 #8 

starbug2
i hope i may be getting one . no details sorted yet but thank you for trying

Posted 17 May 2011, 18:51 #9 

Bermudan 75
starbug2 wrote:i could not see anything to fix so i guess it is inside the centre rod ? what ever has broken

Would it be worth bringing to the July nano-meet to see if it could be repaired? If so it would be a useful 'How to'.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 20 May 2011, 08:13 #10 

starbug2
a idea , but i hope to pick up one soon off someone .... not sure if i will at the nano but if i do its a thought if some one wants a go at it

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:36 #11 

jamesgreen
I HAVE ONE IN THE SHED PM ME IF INTERESTED
JAMES

Posted 24 May 2011, 20:44 #12 

starbug2
jamesgreen wrote:I HAVE ONE IN THE SHED PM ME IF INTERESTED
JAMES

thank you but all being well i hope to be getting one as so as i see someone in the next week or so

Posted 24 May 2011, 20:47 #13 

starbug2
i now have one again :cheers: :thumbsup:

Posted 29 May 2011, 08:45 #14