Can't see pics by MrB

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MrB
As the title says really.

I am logged in but all I see is the word Image in posts instead of seeing the image - as if I am a guest.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 22:41 #1 

MrB
Am now on my laptop and can see pics fine.

Have had problems with several viruses recently on my desktop so am guessing is something to do with that pc and not the site.

:hissyfit:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 23:02 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
MrB wrote:Am now on my laptop and can see pics fine.

Have had problems with several viruses recently on my desktop so am guessing is something to do with that pc and not the site.

:hissyfit:

No issues with the forum at present. Perhaps one of the Windoze geeks can help you out, sorry I can't help (Mac geek :nurse: :D )

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 23:16 #3 

MrB
Mick

I thought I had it sorted.

Have 4 different anti-virus softwares installed and those, plus malwarebytes, cannot find any malicious software.

Yet my hotmail is spamming everyone in my contacts list 30 times a day, it says it's not connected to the web randomly, doesn't show pics on here and sometimes just randomly opens a site in internet explorer.

Think only solution is backup all of my personal data and wipe the flaming thing.

It nearly went out the window tonight.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 27 Sep 2010, 23:30 #4 

Jürgen
MrB wrote:Have 4 different anti-virus softwares installed and those, plus malwarebytes, cannot find any malicious software.

Chris, for scanning on demand it's ok to use more than one AV software. But for the on-access-scan it should be just one, otherwise you could end up with a deadlock. At least it will extremely slow down your system.

MrB wrote:Yet my hotmail is spamming everyone in my contacts list 30 times a day, it says it's not connected to the web randomly, doesn't show pics on here and sometimes just randomly opens a site in internet explorer.

Maybe it's caused by a virus that's able to hide from the scanner. To get rid of it you need to boot the PC from a clean medium like a CD with an up to date scanner.

If you want to install from scratch, back up all your personal data on an USB hard drive for example. You must not connect this drive after re-installing Windows before it has been scanned and cleaned completely. Delete all partitions and create new one(s) when installing the operating system. Then put on a scanner of your choice, before doing other things.

I hope you get it sorted.

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 14:59 #5 

James.uk
Did you remember to scan in "Safe Mode" MrB ???

"Ad-aware" will sometimes pick up things like a rouge re-direct programme as they are not actually virus's.. ;) :)

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 17:24 #6