British GP (spoiler warning) by Brigus

Brigus
Happened two days ago but spoiler warning if, like me, you have to watch it later on iplayer...

Watched it tonight myself - what an incredible race! Ok, so most here would've preferred to see a Brit winning, but I enjoyed Mark Webber's victory - 'not bad for the number two driver' - classic! Jensen's charge from 14th to finish 4th was fantastic. Have to say I really like the BBC's coverage as well.

Loads of action and poetic justice (also can't help but enjoy how Nico consistently outperforms Michael Schumacher)

Kobayashi is a silently rising star - another performance well above their position in the field - a champion of the future (you read it here).

Anyway, a quality race (and a few beers) have nicely lifted my spirits after a tedious working weekend. Does anyone on here watch F1?

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 02:15 #1 

takestock
Must admit to being a fan and really enjoyed the race, the first 2 corners or so where breathtaking :) If Button finishes above Hamilton it will make the season for me. As for MS, surely a mistake to return.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 06:03 #2 

PaulT
takestock wrote:As for MS, surely a mistake to return.

Perhaps if you knew what they are paying him you may reconsider that
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 06:21 #3 

MrB
PaulT wrote:
takestock wrote:As for MS, surely a mistake to return.

Perhaps if you knew what they are paying him you may reconsider that

Don't think he needs the money.

It was an interesting race. Hope Jenson starts to get to grips with his McLaren soon though.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 11:26 #4 

Brigus
takestock wrote:If Button finishes above Hamilton it will make the season for me

With you there - I've long been a McLaren supporter, though also a Redbull fan dating back to the days of Stewart Racing, but my interest in McLaren waned during the Hamilton and Alonso sillyness (entertaining as the rivalry was - just that Hamilton seemed a bit staged/ over-marketed when he entered F1 and Alonso... too much ego). With Button on the team I'm back to liking McLaren again.

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 00:25 #5