British business at its best by raistlin

raistlin
I e-mailed a request for an RMA to a company on 3rd April and, despite several further e-mails and repeated unanswered phone calls, I've heard nothing... until today when I received an e-mail apologising for the delay and blaming the royal wedding for unspecified delays, and assuring me of the best of their attention.

No RMA number, just an assurance :confused:

Of course, thinking about it, this company would quite likely be snowed under with work because of the royal wedding, after all the sell... model railways :evil:

Presumably that means "Don't expect any sense out of us until early May".
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 19:45 #1 

SpongeBob
Jumping on the "excuse" bandwagon, perhaps? :confused: Mind you, first time I've heard that as an excuse for any delays. I've certainly not experienced any although you might expect some sectors to be busier (food/drink being one example) but model railways? :roll: :whump:

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:10 #2 

Duncan
Always seems to happen to Paul, though. ISTR a delivery 'delayed because of the snow' even when there was none.

I honestly think some of the people who are 'customer service' believe that everyone in the UK is plain stupid, and can't cope when a little common sense is applied.

Not wanting to tar everyone with the same brush, of course, I have had some good experiences recently, though overall otweighed by the bad.

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:17 #3 

Ragman
Well I had an amazing example of excellent customer services recently - sadly not a UK firm

20 odd years ago I bought a 111 piece Teng socket set - served me really well over the years but eventually both plastic clips on the case failed - making it a pain in the posterior to move around.

Had a search on flea bay etc for a replacement case - no success

So, thought, nothing ventured nothing gained, emailed Teng in Sweden asking if they had a source where I could BUY a replacement case.

8 Hours later - had a response, what colour was the case, replied it was grey.

Following morning received an email letting me know that their UK distributor would be sourcing one from their Taiwanese distributor and they would contact me for delivery details. Indeed they did, about 3 hours after being told they would

Guess what - on Thurday, brand new case arrived - FREE OF CHARGE

Very happy man

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:29 #4 

podge
I had an issue with my very expensive camera,that was well inside its warranty period.I rang up Nikon U.K. and they agreed to fix,so drove up to London to the camera repair service centre.They looked at it,said sorry...dust but we can sort for £50.00!I felt I had no option but to bite the bullet.Upon returning home,e-mailed the superb dealer I bought it from and explained why I felt miffed,. "leave this with us".Two days later,the dealer sent me a voucher for my trouble...£100.00!
I have dealt with these people for many years and cannot speak highly enough of them.Superb customer service.............http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:50 #5 

raistlin
Oh, I have had many good experiences, but I just thought the one above needed highlighting for the way some people will use any excuse and also, one of my old mentor's favourite sayings:-

"Some people will take an hour thinking up an excuse not to do a 5 minute job."

I just can't quite see how model railway suppliers would be reaping the bonanza of the royal wedding :lol:
Paul

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:59 #6 

Jürgen
raistlin wrote:I just can't quite see how model railway suppliers would be reaping the bonanza of the royal wedding :lol:

Just wishful thinking, dreaming of boosting sales. :mrgreen:

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 23:17 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Well people need something to occupy themselves on their day off :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 23:21 #8 

raistlin
DeuxGazoles wrote:Well people need something to occupy themselves on their day off :mrgreen:

Me for one... except that I don't have the stuff I need :lol:

Back to square one:- "There's a hole in my bucket dear liza, dear liza..."
Paul

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 09:42 #9 

Tourerfogey
It seems many businesses have a book of excuses and they pick one at random for any given day.

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 12:40 #10 

JohnDotCom
Tell it as it is truthfully.......... :em:

Sorry passengers on ******* you won't be flying today.........the plane hasn't been properly repaired yet! :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 19:22 #11 

Jürgen
JohnDotCom wrote:Tell it as it is truthfully.......... :em:

Sorry passengers on ******* you won't be flying today.........the plane hasn't been properly repaired yet! :gmc:

That should never be a reason to ground a plane. A plane has to make money. So if at least one engine is working we can fly. It's as simple as that. :mrgreen:

:panic:
:gmc:

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 19:31 #12 

podge
Try telling that to a 74 Commander, sorry that should read Captain :o

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 19:47 #13