breather pipe 2.o v6 by russell brown

russell brown
hi,
simple one, hopefully.
tightened up my throttle cable this morning (about 7 turns!!!) and noticed that a small bore pipe running from v of engine under inlet manifold over throttle cable then turns up along throttle body and into inlet manifold through grommet with red ring.
this offending pipe seems to have been snapped somehow and bound back together with tape seems to be reasonably air tight, i only brought car end of aug.
car isnt the quickest v6 you would hope to find, dave replaced my vis motors at oct nano wolverhampton so wondering if any connection or car is just not that quick. is this pipe anything serious to worry about.

Posted 03 Jan 2011, 22:55 #1 

Duncan
If it's not leaking, it's not a big deal. If it leaks, you know, because you get engine smells into the car (petroly / oily smell).

I broke mine, and only found it after a couple of months of getting the ocasional smell. Tsped it up for another few months with no problems, replaced it later while doing some other work.

Posted 04 Jan 2011, 13:11 #2 

Martin
russell brown wrote:hi,
simple one, hopefully.
tightened up my throttle cable this morning (about 7 turns!!!) and noticed that a small bore pipe running from v of engine under inlet manifold over throttle cable then turns up along throttle body and into inlet manifold through grommet with red ring.
this offending pipe seems to have been snapped somehow and bound back together with tape seems to be reasonably air tight, i only brought car end of aug.
car isnt the quickest v6 you would hope to find, dave replaced my VIS (Variable Intake System) motors at oct nano wolverhampton so wondering if any connection or car is just not that quick. is this pipe anything serious to worry about.

Hi I had a 160 V6 2.5 this also was not the sharpest, but what you have to do is REV them and use the gears, more than you would think 5th on the M/way at road works speed 40- 50 pulling away was awful so then tended to use 4th or even 3rd(if I required some real go) give it a try

Martin :thumbsup:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 04 Jan 2011, 14:58 #3