Breaking My 75 Diesel Connoisseur Tourer by Michael Bee (Page 1 of 2)

Michael Bee
I have started breaking my Connie - she suffered HGF (Head Gasket Failure) and the clutch master cylinder went.

She is in Royal Blue (JFM) and has Ash Grey/Smokestone interior - leather heated memory seats, walnut effect dash, chrome door mirrors. I have sold virtually all the ICE system and the cruise control kit.

I have stripped out virtually all the interior and have the parts stored away. I have started on the engine now.

Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 10:53 #1 

JakeWilson
Hello there!

Does the car have rubber door seals, interested in all 4 if they're in good condition along with the plastic trim finishers that sit under them!

Cheers,

Jake

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 11:02 #2 

Michael Bee
Jake,

Do you mean the seals on the door apertures, rather than the doors themselves? If so, they are finished with a velour edging. Maybe you could send me link to somewhere on the web so I know exactly which parts you require to save me giving you duff information.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 28 Mar 2012, 12:34 #3 

carlpenn
Hiya, What do you want for the rear Off side Indicator unit if it is available :)

oooooh and also, which Loadspace cover do you have? is it the one with the Safety net? ;)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 29 Mar 2012, 23:16 #4 

Michael Bee
carlpenn wrote:Hiya, What do you want for the rear Off side Indicator unit if it is available :)

oooooh and also, which Loadspace cover do you have? is it the one with the Safety net? ;)

Carl

To be honest, the offside rear cluster has had a tiny bit of the plastic taken off on the bottom right corner (it is so little that it hasn't even broken through to the inside). Also, the screw eyelets have started disintegrating - I was thinking about making a mod to resolve this before they get any worse, but haven't had time yet.

The loadspace cover is the one with the safety net, but I have rivetted across the pull bar because it started delaminating from the wood insert.

Can send you pictures by email if you want to have a look.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 09:37 #5 

carlpenn
Michael Bee wrote:
carlpenn wrote:Hiya, What do you want for the rear Off side Indicator unit if it is available :)

Carl

To be honest, the offside rear cluster has had a tiny bit of the plastic taken off on the bottom right corner (it is so little that it hasn't even broken through to the inside). Also, the screw eyelets have started disintegrating - I was thinking about making a mod to resolve this before they get any worse, but haven't had time yet.

The loadspace cover is the one with the safety net, but I have rivetted across the pull bar because it started delaminating from the wood insert.

Cheers
Michael

I have the same issue with my Indicator, though there is about 50p size of plastic missing, I will pm you my Email for a picture of the loadspace cover so I can have a nosey :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 15:39 #6 

Michael Bee
carlpenn wrote:
Michael Bee wrote:

Carl

Cheers
Michael

I have the same issue with my Indicator, though there is about 50p size of plastic missing, I will pm you my Email for a picture of the loadspace cover so I can have a nosey :)

Carl

PM sent - I have been having problems with my broadband thanks to TalkTalk.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 10:01 #7 

gefary
Have you still got the gear knob and gaiter for sale ?

Posted 04 May 2012, 18:24 #8 

Michael Bee
gefary wrote:Have you still got the gear knob and gaiter for sale ?

PM sent

Posted 08 May 2012, 09:41 #9 

john3647
Have you got the accelerator potentiometer please?

Posted 09 May 2012, 15:27 #10 

an123456
pm sent

Posted 10 May 2012, 19:35 #11 

john3647
Many thanks, it turned out that it was not the potentiometer at fault but some worn wires leading to the ECU (Engine Control Unit).

Posted 17 May 2012, 09:59 #12 

Graham
Hi Michael, got a 53 plate MG ZT CDTI with a charging fault, thinking its the alternator but not had it checked yet. I am guessing yours would have the same alternator as mine, if so, would you sell it? From Graham.................Its ok Michael, got back last night and a friend had found me one localy at right price. Many thanks all the same, Graham

Posted 22 May 2012, 05:47 #13 

BusinessB
hello there

do you have the bonnet still.

i need a JFM bonnet for my rover 75 52 plate connossier.

how much will the postage be to leicester.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 17:48 #14 

BusinessB
just to add that my rover is a saloon

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 17:52 #15 

Michael Bee
BusinessB wrote:just to add that my rover is a saloon

Sorry, the bonnet has gone.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 06 Jun 2012, 07:51 #16 

perelik
Hi have you got the roof rails?
Thanks
Peter

Posted 30 Jun 2012, 20:01 #17 

Michael Bee
perelik wrote:Hi have you got the roof rails?
Thanks
Peter

Sorry, the roof rails have gone.

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 08:28 #18 

thetoneuk
hi, do you have the nearside front door lock motor/solenoid ??
thanks tony

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 17:33 #19 

Michael Bee
thetoneuk wrote:hi, do you have the nearside front door lock motor/solenoid ??
thanks tony

Tony,

Which parts exactly are you refering to? Maybe a link to the Rimmers page? I am sure I have got what you need - just need to make double sure.

Cheers
Michael

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 13:57 #20