BREAKDOWN WARRANTIES by shrimper1

shrimper1
hi all, I have been offered a breakdown warranty by car protect at £246 for 1 year or £419 for 2 years, As I have never had any dealings with warranties befor I thought I would ask if anyone has had anything to do with this company, Or have any advice as regards warranties, As it is something that I am thinking of doing in the very near future. Is it a good idea?, Are they worth having? Is this a fair price?, I have looked at there web site all seems OK and they are quoteing for the top of there range. So what do you think lads and lasses, Any comments good or bad very welcome as I need to make up my mind soon.

Regards JOHN. :? :fosg:

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 21:53 #1 

JohnDotCom
If you are a member of the AA (not the alcoholic one) you can add breakdown cover to your membership far cheaper.

I am sure other member swill have their own recommendations.
I know Raistlin is happy with his company.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 22:03 #2 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:I know Raistlin is happy with his company.

Yes. Warranty works have impressed me :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 22:17 #3 

Tazman3
i use the AA breakdown repair JDC speaks of, never had a problem with them used it 5 times in the past amounting to £1700 of work.

as long as you keep the car serviced its all they require, they even cover HGF (Head Gasket Failure)....

Martin

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 22:27 #4