Brake Pads Refit Today by Arctic (Page 2 of 2)

Arctic
(Trader)
Mick wrote:The silver colour barrel at the top is the handbrake adjuster.
Screen shot 2011-03-21 at 22.12.00.jpg

Hi Mick what size is the socket and do i need one if so what for may as well do it all in one as they say :roll:

PS am i allowed to put link on here from other side ?
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Mar 2011, 22:38 #21 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No, you turn the disc to access the knurled knob on the adjuster through one of the holes. Use a flat bladed screwdriver, insert into aligned hole and lever the knurled knob up or down. There has been some discussion on which way as I believe they are the opposite way round on each rear hub. Trial and error for that one. There is also a Know How document on adjusting the cable at the handle end. viewforum.php?f=105

Links to any useful information are always acceptable

Posted 21 Mar 2011, 22:43 #22 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mick wrote:T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) not needed for brake service.
Bleed bottle should have some fluid in to start and the tube submerged if bleeding brakes, (to track air bubbles), not necessary when just allowing excess fluid out when depressing pistons. That's the way I was taught to do it.

I Mick this is the link i have been referring too by big russ link below.
http://tinyurl.com/6gyql5y
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Mar 2011, 23:03 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
First I have heard of this method. Russ is in Liversedge, West Yorkshire, where are you based? Russ has his own T4 and is very reasonable with prices. You can PM him here username "Russ"

I've replaced pads all round and done it in exactly the same way you have, as I am sure many others have, without any problems.

Posted 22 Mar 2011, 23:49 #24 

JohnDotCom
Changed discs and pads a few times now with no problems and following Micks system for pads.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 00:49 #25 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mick wrote:First I have heard of this method. Russ is in Liversedge, West Yorkshire, where are you based? Russ has his own T4 and is very reasonable with prices. You can PM him here username "Russ"

I've replaced pads all round and done it in exactly the same way you have, as I am sure many others have, without any problems.

Hi Mick
i meet you at the Nano meet just recent i live in wolves :)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 02:06 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If your soft pedal continues then you could see Lates he is down the road from you at Rugby.
http://www.Lates600.com
Or Duncan, he is even closer, both have T4

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 09:34 #27 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Mick.
thanks yes i meet Ducan he put susie on the T4 at the nano for me and set the door locks etc and put everything back to normal for me most appreciated to him and everyone for there help you included also :) will try and get round to doing the back pads sometime today if i can cheers Arctic. :tea:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 12:06 #28 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi I managed to fit the rear pads today which went a lot better than the front ones but still have that spongy feeling :roll: click the link below for details

http://tinyurl.com/6zjhf7a

Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 01:59 #29 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi All.
Today the new brake pad sensors i ordered arrived photo 1 i am hoping to fit them sometime tomorrow after fiting the rear spring in doing so do they just clip into the back of the brake pad shown in photo 2 below ie the hollow space. all info and help as usual is most appreciated Arctic.

Image 1
If this is the case i presume any cable left hanging would fit into and under the brake nipple rubber dust cover :confused:
Image 2
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 21:58 #30 

Duncan
Yes, they just clip in that hole. There's a little spring clip on the sensor. If the new ones don't have it retrieve it from the old sensor.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 06:53 #31 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
Been a few weeks now since i fitted the front brake pads and i have noticed that the dics seems to be or pads should i say are gripping different on the discs as shown below what could the reason for this be :confused: any ideas please. pics below

Near side brake
Off side brake
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 12:42 #32