Brake Fluid Tester by Trebor

Trebor
Has anyone got any experience of these or has one they can recommend at a reasonable price please ?

I would like to buy one for use at nano meets, but have read varying reports about some testers on the market not giving accurate results, and the prices seem to vary a lot
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Oct 2013, 15:37 #1 

Duncan
I would advocate changing the fluid regularly anyway. Part of the problem using the tester is, I'm told that the fluid gets most moisture in down in the calipers. Of course there's some mixing in use but largely it just goes back and forth a bit.

This is why I was told not to use the silicone fluids that were around at the time, either, as although they don't absorb the water, what gets into the calipers then sits in a blob and corrodes the bores.

For me I follow the two year change pattern, as it's what I know is recommended by one manufacturer.

Posted 10 Oct 2013, 20:16 #2 

Trebor
Sound advice Duncan, i almost bought one of the conductivity types but then read this

http://www.brake-eng.com/News/The-Dange ... d-Testers/
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Oct 2013, 20:47 #3 

MrDoodles
Duncan wrote:I would advocate changing the fluid regularly anyway. Part of the problem using the tester is, I'm told that the fluid gets most moisture in down in the calipers. Of course there's some mixing in use but largely it just goes back and forth a bit.

This is why I was told not to use the silicone fluids that were around at the time, either, as although they don't absorb the water, what gets into the calipers then sits in a blob and corrodes the bores.

For me I follow the two year change pattern, as it's what I know is recommended by one manufacturer.

The two year brake fluid change is also part of the service schedule on our cars and is indicated by the "clock" symbol on the service interval indicator!

Posted 11 Oct 2013, 06:54 #4