Boot Lid by nick nick

nick nick
My Mk1 R75 is in Odyssey Blue & some scroat put a 6 scratch across my boot lid...right down
to the metal ... I have repaired it but the colour a right pig to match up and the new paint stands out like a sore thumb ...So to get as close a match as i could i tracked down a replacement boot lid in the same colour....but my car is a Mk1 & the lid is from a mk2 the difference being there are 7 wires in the loom to my boot (MK1) The replacement Mk2 lid only has 5 can anyone explain what goes where as im a right numpty when it comes to car electrics.....John
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 26 Jul 2013, 20:01 #1 

persuer
I think that is because the you can unlock the boot on a Mk1 with a key and there is no lock on a Mk2 you have to use the boot open button in cab. I suspect there will be somebody who can answer this though if I am wrong.

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 20:15 #2 

Duncan
Yes, you are right. The extra wires will go to the switch on the side of the boot lock which isn't there on a Mk2. On the Mk2s a long press on the unlock button will open the boot. Your Mk1 won't do this, so the only option will be to open the car and use the switch in the A pillar.

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 20:46 #3