Boot leak by stroheim

stroheim
Discovered quite a large volume of water in the boot and I am not sure where its coming from and help would be appreciated

Posted 23 Nov 2011, 10:13 #1 

bertie
Mine was 'tracking' under the rubber seal. Whipped the seal off and 'bedded' it with some silicon sealant.
The light seals can also leak, but mine were ok.

Posted 23 Nov 2011, 10:57 #2 

stroheim
bertie wrote:Mine was 'tracking' under the rubber seal. Whipped the seal off and 'bedded' it with some silicon sealant.
The light seals can also leak, but mine were ok.
Hi thanks will try that

Posted 23 Nov 2011, 12:51 #3 

takestock
Tip: remove both rear lights and swap the seals over. Obviously check for damage to the seals and repair as needed with a clear silicone sealant ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Nov 2011, 17:59 #4 

stroheim
Hi thanks for all the advise, the rear lights gaskets had split as suggested and I repaired with silicone, found more water in the rear seat footwell on the offside. Is this water due to slopping over from the boot water or should I look for a leak in that vicinity

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 08:31 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
stroheim wrote:Hi thanks for all the advise, the rear lights gaskets had split as suggested and I repaired with silicone, found more water in the rear seat footwell on the offside. Is this water due to slopping over from the boot water or should I look for a leak in that vicinity

Hi Les the gaskets can be stapled at the joint after being glued as below also the water can get in through the vents of the car either side and the crome strip of the car.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

This is also a very good link below for the vents.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ot+vent+seated
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 15:54 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You'll find what you need on this page. bodywork-browse-available-pdfs.html

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 21:30 #7 

Duncan
Footwells are usually a problem at the front. First place to look is the plenum.

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 17:48 #8 

stroheim
Hi done all that was recommended and I think the problem has been solved. The wet area in the rear seat squab was coming from the side strip clips as suggested and the boot area was the rear light gaskets. Many thanks for all the help

Posted 28 Nov 2011, 09:02 #9