Bonnet respray by stroheim

stroheim
:hissyfit: Had the dreaded flying stone chip damage on my bonnet and tried to repair it with a paint match kit from Ebay but the paint reacted with the old paint and it looks a lot worse now so I'm thinking I have to have the whole bonnet reprayed. The touch-up paint smells like cellulose paint , so what type of paint was standard on a 54 facelift car?

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:16 #1 

MrB
stroheim wrote::hissyfit: Had the dreaded flying stone chip damage on my bonnet and tried to repair it with a paint match kit from Ebay but the paint reacted with the old paint and it looks a lot worse now so I'm thinking I have to have the whole bonnet reprayed. The touch-up paint smells like cellulose paint , so what type of paint was standard on a 54 facelift car?

Just about every car company these days uses water based paints.

It might work out cheaper to get another bonnet in the correct colour. Of course you might not get a perfect match.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:32 #2 

stroheim
Hi thanks for the reply I was quoted £350 for re spaying the bonnet

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 14:35 #3 

PaulT
stroheim wrote:Hi thanks for the reply I was quoted £350 for re spaying the bonnet

The way some prices are going you could virtually buy a car for that :mrgreen:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 14:46 #4