BM54 Radio by kandyman

kandyman
Evening guys,

What type of BM54 fits our cars as there's two types one with round pins and flat pins ?

Thanks

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 18:55 #1 

takestock
Round pin I believe :) You could always look at yours in the boot, I mean it's even unplugged.....:gmc: (assuming you are talkig about the TV tuner ;))
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 18:57 #2 

Duncan
Round pin plugs straight in, flat pin requires an adaptor. Some of the flat pin ones allow extra features, if you add wiring, like Bluetooth phone integration.

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 19:00 #3 

Duncan
Oh, and be careful if you are thinking of buying one. The power amp stage in them is appalling and fails very regularly.

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 19:03 #4 

kandyman
takestock wrote:Round pin I believe :) You could always look at yours in the boot, I mean it's even unplugged.....:gmc: (assuming you are talkig about the TV tuner ;))

I was talking about the Radio, that still works at the moment ;)

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 19:11 #5 

kandyman
Duncan wrote:Round pin plugs straight in, flat pin requires an adaptor. Some of the flat pin ones allow extra features, if you add wiring, like Bluetooth phone integration.

Cheers Duncan, I was sure it was the round pin but just wanted confirmation :)

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 19:13 #6 

kandyman
Duncan wrote:Oh, and be careful if you are thinking of buying one. The power amp stage in them is appalling and fails very regularly.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been taking to Baris hes a member on here somewhere about my widescreen TV fault, he can now convert the analogue units to digital, he now runs www.carphonics.co.uk and works on the BM24 & 54's

I already have a 24 fitted and was wondering if the difference I would get from a 54 would be worth the upgrade ?

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 19:21 #7