Beware... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
... if you have a post facelift saloon and you decide to retrofit a BBUS for example in preparation for headlight washers.

The T1 software for enabling BBUS seems to disable the remote boot release function.

Unfortunately, it seems that t4 cannot reinstate it :(

Presumably you'd need the ZCS codes to do so.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 20:47 #1 

Mad-Monkey
You will need the ZCS codes Paul. I can calculate them, but putting them into the car is the risk. It could do anything upto and including disabling the car if its done wrong :o

Xpart would be the safer option but £40 to have them generated and then the dealer to put them in. However, you do have the assurance of any slip ups are covered by them.

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 21:05 #2 

raistlin
Poor old Rob looked quite distressed, until I told him the same function can be easily enabled on his auxiliary remote :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 21:20 #3 

Russ
(Trader)
As David says calculating the new codes isn't a necessarily a problem however applying them could be.

Can assure you that a certain part of your anatomy gets some overtime as mine did today recoding that V8 :panic: , fortunately all went well.

After all the mucking about and trying different things to various cars over the last few weeks I can confirm that the electrical systems are fairly robust and hold up quite well, also the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) is pretty stable when presented with things it doesn't expect.

I think the main danger would be a car that is diagnostically unstable, I think trying to re-code a car with an intermittant communication problem could cause it to not apply the codes correctly.

I suppose a note of the original code and checksum is a good idea so that if need be it could be re-applied.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 22 Aug 2010, 23:19 #4 

Duncan
I agree Russ. If you can calculate the checksum for the existing ZCS, and then check it goes in OK before changing anything, you should always be able to go back to that value if it goes wrong.

Am hoping (eventually) to set up a mobile test rig in a box that we can test theories on without risking anyones car. Probably be a winter project at this rate.....

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 12:06 #5 

Mad-Monkey
I've also had an idea on how to make the car prompt for the codes without having to tear the car apart to get at certain parts! Just need to locate the OBD (On Board Diagnostics) wiring diagram which I had somewhere.

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 12:10 #6