Bermuda 75 Tourer for Sale by Yellow Peril

Yellow Peril
All things must pass, and so I've decided that the much loved Bermudian 75 Connie Tourer must go to a new home, as I have finally bought my dream car, a Chr***er 300c. (sorry lads - and ladies - it just had to be done).

As I'm sure many of you know, the Tourer is an 08 reg with an interesting history, being one of 10 Rover 75 Tourers exported to Bermuda and never used, reputedly due to the importing company going into liquidation. SMC in High Wycombe repatriated them to the UK in 2008 restored them to showroom condition and put them up for sale on the Internet. Thus a legend was born (poetic license!).

SPEC'
It's a 2.0l Auto Diesel in White Gold with Leather seats.
40k miles, one owner (me) from new.
All servicing done by Nick at Austin Garages, full service history with many upgrades and extras
Walnut Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
XPART 135BHP engine upgrade
High-line dash upgrade
Upgraded audio unit and 6 CD multi-player - (in glove box)
Rear luggage compartment hidy-hole covers
Drivers side hand grab
Headlight protectors and other things that I can't remember.
Spare set of 5 spoke MG (Meteor?) Alloys
Brand new alternator and new 3 speed fan installed just last week by Austin Garages, all in all it's in extremely good condition, performs beautifully and is a very special car. I will miss her, but at least she will be going to an appreciative new owner
PM me for more info and price.

Andy - AKA Yellow Peril - I'm still keeping the Yellow One though!

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 17:09 #1 

Bermudan 75
How good to hear from Andy again. To those who do not know,Andy was the driving force behind the 10th anniversary of the 75 Round Britain Tour, and his partner in crime, Martin, was behind the rescue of the S reg 75 pre-production car fromthe scrap yard.

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 19:58 #2 

Bernard
Rover418275 wrote:How good to hear from Andy again. To those who do not know,Andy was the driving force behind the 10th anniversary of the 75 Round Britain Tour, and his partner in crime, Martin, was behind the rescue of the S reg 75 pre-production car fromthe scrap yard.

So it's all Martin's fault then. :lol:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 21:35 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Andrew, good to hear from you again. Albeit selling the gold one. Glad to hear the Yellow Peril still lives. :)

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 23:13 #4 

Yellow Peril
Hi Mick, yes just a minimal amount of minor work to keep her going sweetly. Garaged at the moment, just waiting for the opportunity to get out and about to a few meets. I wanted to keep the Tourer as well but SWMBO objected to us having 4 cars outside the house (and the Yellow one in the garage)in a space designed for only two cars, and as much as I love the old girl, (the car, not Wendy), a 3.0l diesel has a lot more grunt than a 2.0l. that's not to say I don't love Wendy, but you know what I mean, I'll stop digging now.

Andrew

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 23:28 #5 

Dave
Yellow Peril wrote:and as much as I love the old girl, (the car, not Wendy), a 3.0l diesel has a lot more grunt than a 2.0l. that's not to say I don't love Wendy, but you know what I mean, I'll stop digging now

I think you should quit while you are marginally ahead! :clap:

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 08:36 #6