Been busy . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
Over the past couple of days I have:-

Re-attached the loose o/s/r door card with a combination of new clips and evo-stik (don't ask)

Re-soldered both airbag connections under the front seats to get the damn warning light to go out (again)

Refitted the hinge pin on the glove box lid (again)

Cleaned up the dodgy connections on the o/s brake bulb (again)

Replaced the duff interior bulb

Mended one of the two duff keys (again)

Re-set the tyre pressures to stop the old girl wandering all over the road . . .

But best of all I've re-sealed the exhaust pipe joint that's been blowing ever since I replaced the front section of pipe a few months back.

Why do we drive these problematic Rovers ???????

Because they're bloody nice motors aren't they. :D

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 18:55 #1 

takestock
going to a meet or something soon???
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:14 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I had to put air in my N/S/F tyre last week, it had dropped to 29, desperately problematic and only 7 years old. :(

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 19:26 #3 

Jürgen
Tourerfogey wrote:Because they're bloody nice motors aren't they. :D

No objections.

So it looks like your 75 is doing fine again. :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 21:07 #4 

Tourerfogey
Dave - you should know by now that I'm anti-social old sod and don't do meets - I prefer to remain just a 'virtual' member ;)

Mick - like I said, nothing but problematic . . .

Jürgen - yes I intend to tidy up the old bus - but there's a way to go yet . . .

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 21:54 #5 

baconbuttyman
the biggest problem i have is the damn kick sill, always comes off, i am gonna self tap it on, wont come off then will it, have tried red, white, bmw, black, oem plastic clips, hot glue, cold glue, silicone, liquid nails, nothing works, lets see if self tappers will do the trick
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 08:17 #6 

zojosc
baconbuttyman wrote:the biggest problem i have is the damn kick sill, always comes off, i am gonna self tap it on, wont come off then will it, have tried red, white, bmw, black, oem plastic clips, hot glue, cold glue, silicone, liquid nails, nothing works, lets see if self tappers will do the trick

As my dad always said "pick your feet up lad"! ;)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 08:21 #7 

JohnDotCom
baconbuttyman wrote:the biggest problem i have is the damn kick sill, always comes off, i am gonna self tap it on, wont come off then will it, have tried red, white, bmw, black, oem plastic clips, hot glue, cold glue, silicone, liquid nails, nothing works, lets see if self tappers will do the trick

"Sticks like Sh*t" from Trade counters only, does the job very well. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 11:37 #8 

Tourerfogey
. . . and yes, that really does exist :D ;)

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 14:04 #9 

JohnDotCom
Thanks TF :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2011, 16:38 #10