Bcu for rear electric windows by Cockaa

Cockaa
Hi guys, I have a BCU (Body Control Unit) part no YWC001521 with the auto boot function. It's from a 2005 model & was wondering if it would be ok to work the rear electric windows on my car which is a 2004 mk 1 with a mk 2 fuseboard if you guys know what i mean?
Also would the auto boot function work once it has been setup on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 09 Sep 2013, 19:56 #1 

Trebor
Hi Nige,

I am sure one of the tech guys will be along and advise you on this
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Sep 2013, 20:13 #2 

kandyman
Looking on the Rimmers website it shows that this will control front and rear windows

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001617

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 15:43 #3 

Duncan
Nige. As in the PM it should do all windows. We need to update the ZCS to tell it that you have 4 elec windows. Can you wait to teddybears?

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 15:49 #4 

Cockaa
Yes Duncan that is not a problem my friend, your worth waiting for ;)

Posted 15 Sep 2013, 22:55 #5 

DaveyC
Will the modding never end Nige? :-)

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 07:48 #6 

Trebor
absolutely not, hes got a sky dish planned next !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 13:30 #7 

Cockaa
Replacing the rear windscreen with a 50" led monitor next Davey, rear sun blinds are so old hat ;)

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 14:17 #8 

DaveyC
LOL. I think I need a prescription windscreen in mine, so I can ditch me specs........ :gmc:

Posted 16 Sep 2013, 15:12 #9