BBUS Question by DeuxGazoles (Page 1 of 2)

DeuxGazoles
I've got one, I've fitted it.................how the hell do I shut it up?? :panic:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 17:51 #1 

Duncan
Ah. You need a testbook to tell the car you've got one. Then the car will tell it to shut up.

Alternatively remove it and wrap it in lots of foam until the battery goes flat..... Then get the car recoded and refit it afterwards.

Or some one shot solutions: drill. Hammer. Large diesel lorry (I think you have one of those?) though technically a petrol one would do the job.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:42 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Duncan wrote:Ah. You need a testbook to tell the car you've got one. Then the car will tell it to shut up.

Alternatively remove it and wrap it in lots of foam until the battery goes flat..... Then get the car recoded and refit it afterwards.

Or some one shot solutions: drill. Hammer. Large diesel lorry (I think you have one of those?) though technically a petrol one would do the job.

Thanks Duncan I like the last 3 the best :mrgreen:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:50 #3 

loz1971
You could always buy a Volvo instead Colin :stirer: :stirer: :stirer: :stirer:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:52 #4 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:You could always buy a Volvo instead Colin :stirer: :stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

Well if these lot would let me :confused: :confused: :confused:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:54 #5 

starbug2
DeuxGazoles wrote:
loz1971 wrote:You could always buy a Volvo instead Colin :stirer: :stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

Well if these lot would let me :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nooooooooooooooooooo :hissyfit: your not aloud :whump:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:56 #6 

starbug2

shame on you for making such comments :whump: :lol:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:57 #7 

starbug2
DeuxGazoles wrote:I've got one, I've fitted it.................how the hell do I shut it up?? :panic:

what is it ?

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 19:58 #8 

loz1971
By the way Colin, while your online, I have to say THANKS A LOT!!!!! A while ago, on the "other side" in the guess the car quiz, you put me onto "One Piece At A Time" by Johnny Cash, my 3 year old daughter heard me playing it and has now decided that it is her favourite song!!! and she goes EVERYWHERE singing it and we always have to play it first when we get in the car!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So thanks a lot......mate!!

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 20:00 #9 

loz1971
starbug2 wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:I've got one, I've fitted it.................how the hell do I shut it up?? :panic:

what is it ?

Battery Back Up Sounder. it's for the alarm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 20:01 #10 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:By the way Colin, while your online, I have to say THANKS A LOT!!!!! A while ago, on the "other side" in the guess the car quiz, you put me onto "One Piece At A Time" by Johnny Cash, my 3 year old daughter heard me playing it and has now decided that it is her favourite song!!! and she goes EVERYWHERE singing it and we always have to play it first when we get in the car!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So thanks a lot......mate!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 20:13 #11 

Duncan
Has the battery gone flat yet?

It was weird because on the day you asked, I'd had a very similar phone call. Funny thing was as I answered the phone I could hear the racket in the background and distracted, I answered 'good morning Siren'. It was Simon on the phone. He didn't laugh.

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:00 #12 

MrB
Not to rob this thread but I set the alarm off on mine, for the 1st time, yesterday and noticed the BBUS sounded.

Should it sound the horns as standard and use the BBUS only if no power is detected by the alarm??

Once again sorry to jump in but is just a coincidence I was reading this so soon after this happened.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:10 #13 

DeuxGazoles
Duncan wrote:Has the battery gone flat yet?

It was weird because on the day you asked, I'd had a very similar phone call. Funny thing was as I answered the phone I could hear the racket in the background and distracted, I answered 'good morning Siren'. It was Simon on the phone. He didn't laugh.

Yeah it's flat :mrgreen: made me very popular with the neighbours that :roll:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:11 #14 

DeuxGazoles
MrB wrote:Not to rob this thread but I set the alarm off on mine, for the 1st time, yesterday and noticed the BBUS sounded.

Should it sound the horns as standard and use the BBUS only if no power is detected by the alarm??

Once again sorry to jump in but is just a coincidence I was reading this so soon after this happened.

Chris

You either have a BBUS or a horn for the alarm so yours was working ok, the idea is that they keep screeching even after power disconnection

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:20 #15 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:
MrB wrote:Not to rob this thread but I set the alarm off on mine, for the 1st time, yesterday and noticed the BBUS sounded.

Chris

You either have a BBUS or a horn for the alarm so yours was working ok, the idea is that they keep screeching even after power disconnection

Thanks for that Col.

Would have preferred it to sound the horns, not the loudest things the BBUS, though your neighbours might disagree.

Less than a week til I'm in your neck of the woods.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:30 #16 

Duncan
Even with the horn, it's not the normal vehicle horns at the front. There's a separate horn in place of the BBUS.

So it's not as loud as the twin horns, but it is better protected against someone cutting the wires just before breaking into the car.

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:32 #17 

DeuxGazoles
MrB wrote:Thanks for that Col.

Would have preferred it to sound the horns, not the loudest things the BBUS, though your neighbours might disagree.

Less than a week til I'm in your neck of the woods.

Chris

No worries ;)
I hope you enjoy your visit :D

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:34 #18 

takestock
Oi thats more than three words,..........sorry wrong thread :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:37 #19 

DeuxGazoles
takestock wrote:Oi thats more than three words,..........sorry wrong thread :D :D

Spammer :roll:

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 20:56 #20