Battery terminals by raistlin

raistlin
Does anybody else ever find that their battery terminal connectors (the conical type) are never tight enough to stop the connector turning with just a push from a finger?

I've tightened mine up as far as I dare and the negative terminal connector is still not getting a good grip on the terminal post.

Are there any tricks or techniques please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Feb 2014, 18:59 #1 

Duncan
Yes. The usual problem is they aren't pushed fully down on the post before tightening. Undo the nut and use a screwdriver to prise the gap open, which will allow the terminal to go further down the post. Make sure you hold the terminal down at the bottom while tightening. We've fixed a few at Nanos like this.

Posted 12 Feb 2014, 20:31 #2 

raistlin
Thanks Duncan
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Feb 2014, 21:16 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:Yes. The usual problem is they aren't pushed fully down on the post before tightening. Undo the nut and use a screwdriver to prise the gap open, which will allow the terminal to go further down the post. Make sure you hold the terminal down at the bottom while tightening. We've fixed a few at Nanos like this.

As above I have done several like this, I know it sort of works backwards to what you are trying to do, once you have it open and held down do not over tighten, as all this will do is make the clasp ride up the post.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Feb 2014, 00:43 #4