Backboxes? by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
Anyone here struggling to get a decent backbox for a decent price for any variant of our cars?

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 14:38 #1 

Duncan
Last time I needed one, I managed to pick up a Bosal (same as OE) quite reasonably. That website no longers stocks them, sad to say.

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 18:06 #2 

TyphoonTT
Are you after one for your ZT-T 190 Carl? My Dad is looking at trying a Longlife system after buying a genuine Xpower back box and pipe. Nick and Jean at Austingarages suggested the Xpower may be a bit much for the motorway driving he does.

I had tried calling a few local companies, who also seemed to have difficulty obtaining prices easily, saying they were " quite rare " . :-? The prices for mild steel systems were only slightly less than Longlife quoted for a stainless replacement.

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 20:39 #3 

Zeb
No, I have found a supplier of Quinton Hazell backboxes made under the moniker Klarius...very good price and great sound! They have all the 75 / ZT variants available..

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 22:15 #4 

PaulT
Here we go tempting fate......

Perhaps they are hard to get as they rarely go.

My car is a 2001 with 196k on it and still the original system
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 07:20 #5 

TyphoonTT
This the one Carl? http://www.klariuswebcat.eu/webforms/fr ... ng=English.

How would would say it sounded compared with the original, ( before it failed :mrgreen: ), and would you be willing to let me know the price you paid?

Thanks,

Ben :)

oops, link doesn't quite work. :gmc:

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 18:41 #6 

Zeb
T'is the right company and catalogue Ben...The original inner skin had not failed but she was getting a bit 'fruity'...the new one was whisper quiet day one but after me 'testing the full rev range' she has got a great V6 sound to her now...not as loud as the original but a real nice bass note..I was thinking of offering them for sale 'elsewhere' but you know what? I really cannot be arsed...:D I got mine for a very reasonable £99.50 inc p+p..

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 19:33 #7 

Duncan
Well if you do, make sure you get Paypal payment before you arrange collection!

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 19:48 #8 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:Well if you do, make sure you get Paypal payment before you arrange collection!

Is that before or after I give the buyer my address??? :D

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 21:17 #9 

TyphoonTT
Great Carl, thanks. Will pass this info on to my Dad. Ta! ;)

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 21:41 #10