Automatic boot opener by stroheim (Page 3 of 6)

renagade@bikerider
Hi new member, would like a diy kit as and when you could please.
Bikerider12

Posted 20 May 2012, 17:02 #41 

takestock
production has started people :)

Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 May 2012, 19:07 #42 

raistlin
Those look very nicely put together. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 May 2012, 20:01 #43 

pob06
Steves doing an excellent job
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 21 May 2012, 21:02 #44 

persuer
Hi all

Bit of an update from the other side it seems these work fine with boomerang spoilers. :D

Posted 06 Jun 2012, 14:21 #45 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for the heads up Richard. :) Or should that be boots up. :lol:

Posted 06 Jun 2012, 14:31 #46 

Beejay
Was in the USA for past 3 weeks and was using my sister's Lincoln Town Sedan, the one thing amongst others, that would help me was the remote boot (trunk) open and closing, so would certainly welcome the mod for my Mk1

Posted 06 Jun 2012, 14:50 #47 

raistlin
Assembly from the kit of parts takes 20 minutes in total and works a treat. Well done that man :)
Paul

Posted 06 Jun 2012, 17:45 #48 

pob06
Just for info, I know Steve has been looking into the longer strut tourer version and I think he is hoping to test very shortly (maybe even the weekend)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 07 Jun 2012, 19:53 #49 

raistlin
Beejay wrote:the one thing amongst others, that would help me was the remote boot (trunk) open and closing, so would certainly welcome the mod for my Mk1

Remote opening - Very easy mod :)
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2012, 19:58 #50 

kandyman
Mine turned up today,

it was the already made up kit as I'm lazy ;)

I went out and fitted them which was very easy to do but I found the boot lid to hard to close and it was pushing up the edge of the boot lid, I have taken them off and fitted the normal dampers back on again.

Has anyone else reported any problems with theses ? when i get a bit more time I'll have to measure the new dampers up against the ones on my car encase there any difference.

Posted 07 Jun 2012, 20:58 #51 

persuer
kandyman wrote:Mine turned up today,

I went out and fitted them which was very easy to do but I found the boot lid to hard to close and it was pushing up the edge of the boot lid, I have taken them off and fitted the normal dampers back on again.

Has anyone else reported any problems with theses ? when i get a bit more time I'll have to measure the new dampers up against the ones on my car encase there any difference.

This is a quote from steve on the other side regarding this problem

"Noticed this on a car I did earlier. I undid the 2 13mm bolts that hold the hinge to the wing, and lowered it about 3mm. Nice and level after that. Another option seems to be try without heat shrink as if that's a bit tight, it seems that it can foul the spring a little"

Hope this helps.

Richard

Posted 08 Jun 2012, 14:49 #52 

kandyman
persuer wrote:
kandyman wrote:Mine turned up today,

This is a quote from steve on the other side regarding this problem

"Noticed this on a car I did earlier. I undid the 2 13mm bolts that hold the hinge to the wing, and lowered it about 3mm. Nice and level after that. Another option seems to be try without heat shrink as if that's a bit tight, it seems that it can foul the spring a little"

Hope this helps.

Richard

Thanks for the update,

I'll have a play around tomorrow as I'm off work :)

Cheers

Posted 08 Jun 2012, 17:09 #53 

raistlin
Mine required a slight realignment of the boot-lid hinges of some 2mm. Nothing to worry about when compared to the sheer convenience of auto boot opening :)
Paul

Posted 08 Jun 2012, 18:06 #54 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:Mine required a slight realignment of the boot-lid hinges of some 2mm. Nothing to worry about when compared to the sheer convenience of auto boot opening :)

Cheers Paul, glad to know its not me been silly :)

Posted 08 Jun 2012, 19:03 #55 

persuer
Would I be able to use something like this for remote boot opener then use the lock and unlock buttons to control my windows then I can keep my OEM fob for it's normal use?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-25-45-7 ... 100wt_1168

Posted 09 Jun 2012, 21:23 #56 

raistlin
persuer wrote:Would I be able to use something like this for remote boot opener then use the lock and unlock buttons to control my windows then I can keep my OEM fob for it's normal use?

Very much overkill in my view :)
Paul

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 08:09 #57 

persuer
raistlin wrote:
persuer wrote:Would I be able to use something like this for remote boot opener then use the lock and unlock buttons to control my windows then I can keep my OEM fob for it's normal use?

Maybe so but would that unit be able to control my windows though?.

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 08:25 #58 

raistlin
persuer wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Maybe so but would that unit be able to control my windows though?.

No. Sorry, I partially mis-read your post :( As far as I understand it, the functions on the item you highlighted are pulsed only.

A simple four channel remote is all you need, either one from fleabay like the one I highlighted in post 21 or from Quasar for example, if you make use of the lazy lock / vent function.

Further, the whole thing uses the lazy lock / vent function built in to the car to avoid having to mess with high current wiring to the motors. Lazy lock / vent also operates the locks as well.

I suspect that a device to control the windows only, built from scratch, would be quite an undertaking Richard.
Paul

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 10:00 #59 

persuer
Fair enough Paul that sounds like a good enough reason mate I was trying to keep cost down, as they say though you get what you pay for so it may be best in the long run to pay that bit more to get the proper thing as she tends to dislike bodge jobs on her :lol:.

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 10:38 #60