Automatic boot opener by stroheim (Page 6 of 6)

pob06
Got around to fitting my Option 2 boot lifters today.

After a bit of a fiddle it works quite well.

I had to remove the heatshrink though as it was restricting movement and the lower plastic washer as this made the spring foul on the bracket. I had problems with the struts popping off the cup and ball joint.

But these seem to have fixed it.

Opens the boot great but quite stiff to close at the moment.

Will let you know how I get on as I use the boot, but its a nice mod :-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 17 Jun 2012, 21:54 #101 

raistlin
persuer wrote:
raistlin wrote:If you can let me know the dimensions of the receiver (including max height), I will see if I have something suitable either at home or at work.

Thanks I got into a bit of a panic for a moment :panic: .

The dimensions are W:89mm L:72mm D:23mm.

Thanks again Paul

No plastic boxes available at home or at work Richard so I'd suggest a visit to Maplins or a search of fleabay to find a suitable box (probably only a couple of pounds).
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 09:54 #102 

persuer
raistlin wrote:No plastic boxes available at home or at work Richard so I'd suggest a visit to Maplins or a search of fleabay to find a suitable box (probably only a couple of pounds).

That's fine Paul thanks for looking, Does the box need slits or holes for wiring or will you modify it on the day?

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 12:15 #103 

raistlin
persuer wrote:
raistlin wrote:No plastic boxes available at home or at work Richard so I'd suggest a visit to Maplins or a search of fleabay to find a suitable box (probably only a couple of pounds).

That's fine Paul thanks for looking, Does the box need slits or holes for wiring or will you modify it on the day?

I'll modify it on the day :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 13:54 #104 

takestock
raistlin wrote:
I'll modify it on the day :)

I'll bring the angle grinder :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 20:04 #105