Auto transmission mounting by raistlin (Page 3 of 3)

kandyman
Well done on the how to it makes things looks so simple to do.

Is there a reason that the smaller one is not changed at the same time ?

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 16:45 #41 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:Is there a reason that the smaller one is not changed at the same time ?

It is a solid bush Andy, rather than the spoked appearance of the larger one so less likely to sustain sufficient shear force to damage it.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 17:02 #42 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:
kandyman wrote:Is there a reason that the smaller one is not changed at the same time ?

It is a solid bush Andy, rather than the spoked appearance of the larger one so less likely to sustain sufficient shear force to damage it.

Cheers Paul,

My finger is getting ready to hit the buy button,

What sort of age/milage has been seen with failed bushes ?

Mine is a 04 with 74k

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 17:17 #43 

raistlin
Well, VeeKay is 02 with 125000 miles. Have you noticed any increase in vibration?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 17:49 #44 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:Well, VeeKay is 02 with 125000 miles. Have you noticed any increase in vibration?

I haven't noticed any thing,

Oh well I hit the buy button I'll just get under there and change it.

Cheers guys

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 17:58 #45 

Jürgen
kandyman wrote:What sort of age/milage has been seen with failed bushes ?

Both engine mountings, the small one below and the big one top right, had to be replaced at about 116 km resp. 10 years.

BTW km is a brand new unit, invented right now, representing kilo-miles. :D
:gmc:

raistlin wrote:Have you noticed any increase in vibration?

Especially at standstill, while turning the wheel to the full extent, the vibrations felt like being on a ferry. That's gone with the new parts, but when accelerating quickly there's a new type of vibration. So if the powerflex parts prove to be good, I'll go for them, too.

Posted 02 Aug 2012, 20:19 #46 

Arctic
(Trader)
kandyman wrote:
raistlin wrote:Well, VeeKay is 02 with 125000 miles. Have you noticed any increase in vibration?

I haven't noticed any thing,

Oh well I hit the buy button I'll just get under there and change it.

Cheers guys

I am even more convinced that the lower engine mount on the R75 if it as covered 65000+ will need changing today myself and Rob done some work on his Diesel and we checked the lower engine bush and guess what yes it needed changing which we did right away this job if you have some ramps will only take 30mins the most to check and and change if necessary.

Tomorrow i will be checking and changing my engine mount on the MG ZT 190. Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Aug 2012, 21:22 #47 

Last edited by Arctic on 09 Aug 2012, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

ceedy
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 04 Aug 2012, 10:36 #48 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well i finaly got round to doing the MG ZT 190 and a good job i did someone had made a right pigs ear of the lower engine mount by concocting some two piece mount i have not got a clue what the spurious mount i took off came from, i was getting a bit of a clunking drone when taking a long left bend which had go worse over the last week or so now i know why.

Take a look at these pics below.

Up he goe's ready for the change over and an oil change.
Image1

My first sight of the lower engine mount on the 190 Hmmm now then :confused:
Image2

This truly looks different when lying un der a car its hard to get good sense at what you are looking at but as you can see this is not right.
Image3

So down to it lets get this mount off and have a good look two 15mm bolts
Image4

Started with a socket to release the bite then used a pen rachet spanner
Image5

Image6

Image7

After a mighty struggle because this mount must have been hammered in to place also i managed to get it off.
Image8

totaly different it had been made up of the end of the original mount and some other mount from what car i do not know any suggestions
Image9

Image10

You can see how they have ground down the original mount so it would fit this contraption
Image11

Fitted the new powerflex mount and carried on with the oil change once that was done i test drove the car completely different drive no clunking smoother i am wondering what else as been put together for these mounts :shock: Tourer back on the ramps in the morning for the lower rear wishbone bushes which came today

Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Aug 2012, 01:04 #49 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That is some bodge job you had there Steve. Hard to imagine why someone would do that when the part is easily available either new or used. :confused:

Posted 09 Aug 2012, 14:15 #50 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mick
It just does not make sense changed another one today for another member he could not believe that the original was so bad yet he was only getting slight vibrations as i say i would bet money on any car thats done 65000 plus the lower engine mount will most certaily have gone altogether or is on its way.Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 02:16 #51 

Duncan
It looks like the upper engine steady from a 400/45 at first glance. I'll lift the bonnet and have a look at some point.

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 08:48 #52