Auto Express Driver Power Results. by Stelad

Stelad
Another fantastic result for the 75! Now rated 13th most reliable car in the top 100 most popular cars. Slightly down on last year but still amazing for a model that ceased production 6 years ago!.

Even more impressive though is the 75 being voted in first place for ride quality :clap: and another first place for comfort :clap:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... nners.html

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 18:04 #1 

Tourerfogey
But it's all too late, far too late . . .

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 18:17 #2 

JohnDotCom
I think it also clearly shows the next car to get is the Jaguar XF. ;) :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 18:18 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:I think it also clearly shows the next car to get is the Jaguar XF. ;) :gmc:

Only if you can't afford the exquisite XJ ;)

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:12 #4 

starbug2
oh to have the money :gmc:

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:50 #5 

JohnDotCom
Not much more £ than when I got the 75 new in 2005!

The new XJ was pushing it a bit Mick. :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 21:57 #6 

RV75V8
That's a great result alright. I'm surprised we didn't do better on the braking category, as in many tests I've seen the Rover outperfomed the likes of Vauxhall, Ford, Toyota equivalents.

What a terrible shame that more buyers didn't understand these results when it could have made a difference.
Beautiful car, Beautiful country, Beautiful Roads ....Paradise!

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 01:11 #7 

PaulT
Very deserved by the 75 - the only problem with this type of test is that there are various engine sizes so that can influence things such as running costs. We with the diesel do not get stung for changing the belts for example.

I note that the MX5 got the handling accolade.

I had and still have a Triumph TR7. At work I was being offered a Lease vehicle. Having been involved in a leasing operation I knew it could be expensive tax wise. However, I thought I would check out the MX5. Phoned the local dealer, went up collected the keys and took off down twisty country lanes for two hours.

I would go round a tight bend and put the power on and it would just stick to the road no matter how much power and sharpness of the bend.

I returned it and told the salesman that it was not for me.

Now, take the TR7 round tight bends and apply the power and the back end swings out in a controllable way. Much more of a drivers car than the MX5 which, with the way it clung to the road was totally and utterly boring.

Sorry if anyone has an MX5, you may love the handling but I did not. I would therefore rate the MX5 handling low from a drivers perspective.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 07:44 #8