Auto boot opening Mod by takestock (Page 1 of 2)

takestock
This has been posted by Steve next door. to try to keep it in some sort of order I have agreed to manage the orders from those who only visit here.

If anybody needs to order it from here just send me a PM and we will go from there, not sure how it will pan out yet as Steve will be flat out for a couple of weeks with the list next door.
anyway here it is.

Auto Boot Lift Mod

I have recently been working on an automatic boot lifting mod, that will fully open the boot with a press of your remote button, or the in car boot release button.
This mod has been fully tested on a mk2 facelift 75 saloon. It cannot be guaranteed to work on a zt with boot spoiler, purely for the fact that I haven't tried one as yet. If anybody wishes to purchase a set for their zt to try then this is fine
As of the moment, this mod doesn't work on a tourer tailgate due to the geometry of the tourer hinge assembly being different. I will however, be trying to develop this mod to suit the tourer at a later date.
I now have sought suppliers for all the materials required, and have managed to keep costs to a minimum.
I must stress that this is a 'Non Profit Venture'. I have NO financial gain from it.
It is purely something that I wanted for my car, and once perfected, wanted to offer it to other fellow members.

A little more about the mod now
This video is the development stage of the 1st version I tried, which worked pretty well. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_B8DAK-2pIE
However, I wasn't 100% happy with it, so back to drawing board

This video is the near finished product minus one part (plastic bush to keep spring central)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrK_n925gLQ

The springs are being manufactured specially for this mod, locally to me.
They will be manufactured from a galvanised steel, so no rust issues later down the line.
The other parts used will be made by myself using stainless steel and nylon, so again, no rust issues
The whole assembly is then covered in heat shrink to give it a more oem and aesthetically pleasing look.
Due to the fact that I have to keep down a 12 hour a day job, and have family commitments, I will be offering these kits on a list basis. I expect to be able to produce 10 sets per week, with the first sets being ready to ship, week commencing Monday 28th May 2012.
The cost of the kits will be £30 per set inclusive.
I'll offer them in 2 ways.

1. As a kit, which will include 2 springs, 2 nylon bushes, 2 nylon washers, 2 stainless steel spacers, 2 galvanised penny washers and 2 lengths of heat shrink tubing. I'll also either send out fitting instructions with these, or create a how to on the forum for you to refer to.

2. For the people that don't want the DIY version, I'll do a completely made up set of struts which will take you 5 minutes to swap over. This is on an exchange basis though, and it requires you to be able to swap the struts over within 7 days of receiving the new ones, and send me your old struts back, ready to be modded for another person.

The cost as mentioned earlier is £30 inclusive for either option to UK destinations. Outside the UK will incur extra postage charges.The advantage of option 1 is that you won't have to pay an extra postage cost to send your old struts back to me.
I think that covers everything but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask, and I can amend the above to suit if required.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 May 2012, 16:34 #1 

kandyman
PM on way,

I'll go for option 2,

And when I send my back ill also donate him my spare set to help him with his task for supplying the full kit to any member that need it.

Thanks

Posted 19 May 2012, 16:54 #2 

JohnDotCom
Would this lift the tailgate on the Tourer? :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 May 2012, 17:53 #3 

kandyman
I don't think this has been looked in to as yet.

Posted 20 May 2012, 18:19 #4 

takestock
when this project is up and running Steve said he will be looking into it, no promises on it's success mind :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 May 2012, 18:51 #5 

pob06
Dave, Am happy to help out if needed too
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 21 May 2012, 21:13 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'll be ordering a set as a kit as soon as my bank balance has recovered from the thrashing it has taken this weekend with the Club75 jaunt around the midlands.

Posted 22 May 2012, 09:36 #7 

kandyman
Did the 1st batch get sent out ?

Posted 26 May 2012, 09:40 #8 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:Did the 1st batch get sent out ?

Not yet. Steve hasn't been well.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 May 2012, 11:36 #9 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:
kandyman wrote:Did the 1st batch get sent out ?

Not yet. Steve hasn't been well.

Oh dear sorry to hear that, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Posted 26 May 2012, 11:45 #10 

raistlin
He should be posting out the first batch by Tuesday if things are well Andy.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 May 2012, 11:52 #11 

Petetourer
He is coming to The Milton Keynes meet on Sunday and is bringing some springs to test on my tourer... I will keep you posted....

Posted 07 Jun 2012, 16:08 #12 

Columbo
Hello, I'd like to buy a set of these boot opening springs. Where do I buy them from, please?

Posted 28 Apr 2013, 12:50 #13 

takestock
The manufacturer of these will contact you shortly ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 Apr 2013, 13:41 #14 

Steve916
The manufacturer is now here :)
If you pm me with your email address, I'll send payment details etc.

Posted 28 Apr 2013, 14:21 #15 

kandyman
Steve916 wrote:The manufacturer is now here :)

Welcome Steve,

I got my springs in batch 1 I think, still working well.

Thanks

Posted 28 Apr 2013, 23:26 #16 

takestock

ahem, about time :D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Apr 2013, 11:28 #17 

Steve916
kandyman wrote:

Welcome Steve,

I got my springs in batch 1 I think, still working well.

Thanks

Thanks mate. Good to know they're still working :)

Posted 29 Apr 2013, 17:23 #18 

Steve916
takestock wrote:

ahem, about time :D :D :D

Yeah Yeah, I know :)

Posted 29 Apr 2013, 17:24 #19 

Roverite
I recently got my kit from Steve, and they work fine. However, my car is a Mark 1 75 saloon, and it doesn't work from the 'plip', only the interior release button, or manually with the boot key (not advisable). At yesterdays Midlands Nano meet, I was told that the 'plip' only works on the Mk2 saloons, and that it can't be programmed in, on a Mk1, without changing the BCU (Body Control Unit). Can somebody confirm that this is correct, and if so, what action is needed?

Roverite.

Posted 13 May 2013, 09:29 #20