Auto 2.5 V6 / CDTi by brianw119

brianw119
I currently have Citroen C4 as my everyday car, and my 190+ will be my second car ( once I get it up and running :mad: ) . Overall it's a good car, but getting bored of it.
I am considering getting an auto MG ZT 2.5 V6 or an auto CDTi plus. I have never owned an auto car, so fancy a change. I am more leaning towards the auto V6, as I have owned diesels for many years, and not fond of the smell of diesel exhausts.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone running either models in the auto guise. I am mostly concerned with MPG. My daily commute will be about 50 minutes commute, each way. It will be mostly motorway driving.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Posted 15 Jan 2017, 13:13 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
ZT 2.5 V6 Sport Auto. 28-30 mpg mostly country lanes. Motorway, 32 mpg.
Best car I have ever owned. Only issues to be aware of. Expensive belts change, Auto box fluid should be changed at designated intervals. Otherwise same as any other ZT or 75.

Personal view. I detest diesels, the smell, the noise, the pollution. Diesel is the work of the Devil.

Posted 15 Jan 2017, 13:42 #2 

Trebor
I own an oil burner and a 190 , both great cars, horses for courses and all that. The 190 does sound grand though and puts a smile on your face, but my 75 is more comfortable and has all the bells and whistles

Brian I think you would rather be on the water than the road, thats your problem !

You need one of these matey

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Jan 2017, 10:28 #3 

takestock
Launch model auto and I love it.
Be wary of the around town MPG declared in the handbook, it is scarily accurate at 17mpg. you can get up to 37mpg on the motorway but if you want to achieve that what is the point of having the KV6 :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jan 2017, 18:57 #4 

pob06
I've had a 2.5 v6 connie 75 auto saloon for 5 years now (wow) though she has been sat on the grass for a year being poorly :-(, my first of the marque and very nice it is too, and have just bought my first zt (from Shiner near me, not sure if he is here as well as the OC) a ZT+ v6 2.5 saloon, and decided to pop back on the forums too :-).

I cant comment on an oil burner but the V6 Rover 75 = bells whistles and a comfy relaxed, gentlemanly conveyance, round town will dent your mpg 17mpg. I used to see 37/38 sometimes even 40mpg on the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) on a gentle motorway run (why rush when you can sit and enjoy the surroundings ;-) ) but I can't vouch for 100% IPK accuracy.

Don't get a 2.0 V6 auto though, I got a tourer after connie fell ill and it felt very underpowered with horrible fuel consumption (to be fair it was a problem child and the engine gave up the ghost last week hence the purchase of the ZT, which so far is FUN !!!! ).

Belt changes (inc water pump etc) are around the £500 mark if I recall correct (did it on the tourer), PhilT4 up in Milton Keynes did mine.
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 06 Jun 2017, 07:58 #5