At last - A replacement Upper Inlet Manifold by carlpenn

carlpenn
Just removed an Upper inlet manifold off a W Reg 2.0l at the breakers, a Bargain at £40 (complete with Throttle body and VIS (Variable Intake System) Motors)

Tomorrow, I shall be having a day of cussing under my breath and chaffed knuckles.....

If would you like me to try and get some pictures to produce a "How To" for the Community then let me know :thumbsup:
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 15:11 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
carlpenn wrote:Just removed an Upper inlet manifold off a W Reg 2.0l at the breakers, a Bargain at £40 (complete with Throttle body and VIS Motors)

Tomorrow, I shall be having a day of cussing under my breath and chaffed knuckles.....

If would you like me to try and get some pictures to produce a "How To" for the Community then let me know :thumbsup:

Be very good of you to do a run through with pics, thanks very much.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 15:37 #2 

kandyman
I always found the How to's to written by the members be a lot easer to understand and follow than the Haynes manual, also know that one of the members has completed the job gives me the confidence to try it as I know help is only a PM away if needed ;)

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 17:34 #3 

carlpenn
Well, I am having a much needed tea break !!

So far I have dropped two bolts down the engine bay...lol. Luckily I planned ahead at the breakers and grabbed some spare. The Upper manifold is off my car and waiting the replacement to go back on.

Also my Breather pipe is completley shot and the T Piece is broken - So cannot now finish fully till tomorrow :(

The worst part of it all to be honest was the battery tray refused to come off as one of the Torx Screws is rounded :( Why do people put damaged bolts and stuff back on cars?????? :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 10:51 #4