Argh! My dream car!! by Dave (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave
I've actually found a YELLOW ZT-T for sale!

The reason for the "Argh" is that there's no way I can have it... :hissyfit:

Here it is....

Ad is listed here on Pistonheads, at Monty's of Penarth

Odd thing is, a Google search is not coming up with a web site for Monty's. In fact one search has a very recent comment saying "Closed down a year ago"... :confused:

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 12:28 #1 

Dave
This is looking good - twelve views and no comments, so obviously you lot don't like yellow, which in turn means less chance of it being snaffled!

All I need now is four grand.....

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 16:52 #2 

takestock
It's just that it's very, well, Yellow..... :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 17:23 #3 

Tootall
A very rare car :thumbsup: every photo i see of a car for sale by Monty's are always taken in front of the harbour.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 17:24 #4 

Dave
takestock wrote:It's just that it's very, well, Yellow..... :gmc:

Which is a good thing! :mrgreen:

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 17:31 #5 

Dave
Tootall wrote:A very rare car :thumbsup: every photo i see of a car for sale by Monty's are always taken in front of the harbour.

Do we know if they are still trading then, or if what I saw on Google is true?

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 17:31 #6 

Duncan
Have to admit, I do like yellow cars.

Deffo no space on the drive though.....

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 18:31 #7 

SpongeBob
Certainly an eye-catcher! Very unique and rare. The wheels have been re-coated in white too - looks a nice tidy car :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 20:58 #8 

MrB
Their stocklist on pistonheads does include a lot of MG/Rover vehicles including a V8 ZT-T.

Do like the look of the yellow ZT-T, but not sure SWMBO would go for it.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 21:13 #9 

Dave
Hell's teeth, I am pining for this car.....

Need to raise money.............

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 21:30 #10 

James.uk
Are those wheels really white plastic? ... :shock: :roll:

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 22:20 #11 

Dave
James.uk wrote:Are those wheels really white plastic? ... :shock: :roll:

Hope so! :mrgreen:

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 08:47 #12 

orbinrangle
It's a bit, erm, yellow. But then I always did prefer the rather more discreet 75...

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 14:49 #13 

frantic_fazer
Hi !!

Monty Smiths is still trading, it's just down the road from where I work. I have not seen this one on the forecourt, but, they have quite a few nice cars including a BRG ZT-T 190 which they have dropped by £1000.

I will keep my eye out for this and post some pictures if it's about

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 18:28 #14 

Dave
frantic_fazer wrote:Hi !!

Monty Smiths is still trading, it's just down the road from where I work. I have not seen this one on the forecourt, but, they have quite a few nice cars including a BRG ZT-T 190 which they have dropped by £1000.

I will keep my eye out for this and post some pictures if it's about

:thumbsup: Cheers!

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 22:28 #15 

TyphoonTT
I'm pretty sure there's a yellow ZT-T in Bicester. If I see it's up for sale, and you haven't already bought this one, I'll give you a shout. :thumbsup:

Sure that the £3995 price tag is negotiable.

Just out of interest, how do they know there are only 5 trophy yellow ZT-T's? Would like to know how many are about in my colour. :confused:

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 16:47 #16 

Dave
TyphoonTT wrote:Just out of interest, how do they know there are only 5 trophy yellow ZT-T's? Would like to know how many are about in my colour. :confused:

Good point!

Fool that I am, I emailed about this!

I was getting narky, as they hadn't replied. Now they have! ARGH!

I suggested a p/x (don't tell Gill) and they say they might. Problem is, it makes no sense

• Car has done more miles than mine
  • It's got air-con not climate control
  • Not got electric seats like mine
  • It's a 2.5 petrol not a diesel so the fuel costs would rocket

However, if I had it as an extra, hobby car, then some of these issues would not matter. In time I could add electric seats and maybe even an LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) conversion

BUT.... would it be easier and/or cheaper to find a ZT-T with all the toys that I wanted and just have it sprayed yellow?

HELP!!! Come on folks - "my name is Dave and I am addicted to yellow cars"

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 17:59 #17 

TyphoonTT
I didn't want to post negative comments about the car Dave, but TBH it is a base model
190 with average miles on for quite a high price IMHO.

I think I paid over the odds for mine 2-1/2 years ago at £1000 more for a 52 plate withe 38000 on with almost all the toys. :confused: Admitadly the paint work on mine doesn't sound to be in as good nick as this one though. :(

IMHO you should wait for another one. ;)

Just found this one. Diesel, but not yellow though. :mrgreen: :gmc: Lots of cash too. :panic:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Next time I see that yellow ZT-T , I'll chaser after it. :lol:

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 22:34 #18 

Dave
TyphoonTT wrote:Next time I see that yellow ZT-T , I'll chaser after it. :lol:

Cheers for that!

Yes, I guess you are right about being a base model and not cheap. As said above, if I could get it as a third car (if I had the dosh!) then I'd be there like a shot, but not happy to trade in toys for looks! (and poorer economy...) :cry:

I guess the ideal for me to get my dream car would be to find a MK1 ZT-T with all the extras, and an LPG conversion, going for a song as it had poor paint, and then to get a yellow re-spray!!

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 06:33 #19 

Dave
Dave quotes himself wrote:I guess the ideal for me to get my dream car would be to find a MK1 ZT-T with all the extras, and an LPG conversion, going for a song as it had poor paint, and then to get a yellow re-spray!!

Is this so stupid nobody thinks I'm serious, or such a good idea no-one thinks they need to tell me otherwise!

BTW, garage have said they'd give me £3000 for mine, sight unseen! This seems a good offer, as mine is about the same age, only has history to 23,000 or so - although it is diesel and has more toys than the yellow dream. Maybe my car is worth more than I think it is?!

BTW2, interesting that there's a few threads on t'other side about yellow Tourers (inc a recent "spotted" thread) but no-one seems to have picked up on this one!

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 22:26 #20